state of fear

by John Doe 31 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I'm glad to see you're in a good mood tonight JD.

Whom are you talking to? ;-)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I wonder how many kids are going to freak out now everytime they go over a bridge

The way the media hyped up the verbage, it is as if there is a huge troll under every bridge waiting to devour the traffic.

I am in no way trying to minimize the tragedy, I am angry that America is literally falling Apart, and we are so involved in other crap, we don't just take care of ourselves.

Fear paralyzes people, the more fear the more helpless we feel and the more control one can have.

Its a very sad situation

• choosing life
    choosing life

Hey JD,

I haven't read the book, so I cannot comment on that. I do agree that we are controlled by fear though. I think it has always kinda been that way though. If nothing else, fear of death.

Today of course, it is served to us in big doses by the media. The media used to be controlled by hundreds of companies, but is down to just a few now, newspapers, tv news, radio news. I was watching CNN once and they had a commercial for their so-called rival station, Fox News. I realized that it is all owned by the same company and was just being served up in different flavors.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl
    I wonder how many kids are going to freak out now everytime they go over a bridge

Get ready to buy the stocks of companies who produce products that build bridges and infrastructure, because now Congress will pass a bill to fund the rebuilding of America: Cement Companies, Iron Manufacturers, Asphalt producers. There will be millions made by the holders of these stocks of these companies. You just got to play the game. Start putting your shopping list together now.

BP

• JPT
    JPT

Fear is what everybody is selling but only worse, that's what everybody is buying.

It's not a healthy environment. That's all I've got.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

George Bush and the republicans think the only way the can rule america is to have an enemy, fear. This enemy is called terror. And the war on terror. The boogie man that you will never find. The ambiguous, ill defined, blurry, superficial and misunderstood boogie man, Terror. He yanked the entire countrys chain with that one.

The state of fear is compliements of George Bush.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5547481422995115331

• John Doe
    John Doe

Bush does not have a monopoly on this tactic. In fact, politics are only a small part of the issue.

• erandir
    erandir

I assume you are talking about the Michael Crichton book, right? I read that a while back and am glad I did. Having a concept like that in mind helps remind me not to take the media seriously so much anymore. I get most of my news and current events from Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, now.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

JD,

Good to see you seeing thru some of the propaganda bull shit.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Yes and can anyone think of a corporation that has been in the business of fear for the last 130 years that has an army of 6 million peddlers who are all afraid to die in a great cataclysm. Its a company that peddles lies and has stock in rand tech. Its a company that has no mercy on those that don't listen to its every utterance as the word of God. I'll give you a hint it's not Fisher Price.

Alot of companies use fear to sell products, even colgate. If you don't brush your teeth you will get cavities. Colgate fights cavites, bad breath and gum disease which can lead to heart disease as studies have shown the causal links. Some fears are valid and others arn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit