Curious? Are JW's allowed to have kinesiology done on them?

by LearningToFly 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I know of a brother who practiced kinesiology who was run out of town by the elders in his congregation. His kinesiology practice included emotional testing, and the elders decided that this involved demonism--despite the fact that an elder in another congregation was one of his clients.

This brother moved about 1,000 miles away; but he buckled and changed professions.

• Miss Bliss
    Miss Bliss

When I was younger maybe 11 or 12 I recall my mother taking me to a Kinesiology party with other JW's and possibly the woman doing it might have been a JW I can't really remember. I do remember thinking it was kind of strange at the time being only 11 or 12. I think something was said because my mother stopped going shortly after that and I never heard her talk about it again but now I am going to ask her.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I have had it done on me for physical as well as emotional issues. It was very helpful for me. I have known a few JW practitioners, and they were all considered to be in "good standing", a couple of them even holding postions of responsibility in the congregation.

The science is a controversial one though. Besides being used for medical purposes, it has also been used to test the energy fields inherent in various substances, music, and even to decipher true statements from lies. The science was studied extensively and written about by Dr. John Diamond in the 1970s, and most recently by Dr. David R. Hawkins who has published several books.

I find the science to be very fascinating. But I'm sure that the research done by some of the most recent researchers would be placed on the organization's unwritten "make-wrong" list. Anything that might ever so slightly detract from or disagree with the JW organizational ideology can quickly be labeled "worldly wisdom" or even "the teachings of demons".

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Also there was some other guy that alot of witnesses here used to visit in Fallbrook California and another location. His methods were considered controversial but more due to medical soundness than to violation of Christian Principles (TM)

Is this the guy who used to be able to diagnose over the phone with some machine? I remember someone who died tragicly from bone cancer that went to him. Her parents spent thousands of dollars there they were telling me. I wondered what happened to him.

I personally think energy medicine is great.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

no, I think the man in the Fallbrook area was Dr. Benesh - he did do some muscle testing, but as far as I remember you had to go see him, he didn't do any diagnosing or treating over the phone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit