Curious? Are JW's allowed to have kinesiology done on them?

by LearningToFly 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

The icky leech thing got me thinking on other practices that may or may not be forbidden as well.

I recall long ago now, hearing that kineseology was considered wrong, but I also knew of a sister who studied with me long ago who both she and her husband were childless pioneers, who also spent a considerable amount of time as bethelites telling me that she used this as a medical healing practice, but that most JW's considered it wrong. She at the time said it was really up to ones conscience, but now its got me thinking? (by the way, this couple too were one couple that always spoke to me after I left for the final time, and sympathized with my experiences greatly)

Personally I think its a great procedure.. but just curious as to what the JW thought is on it?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hoo boy Learning to Fly!

Wanna hear a noisy room of dubs get real quiet and uncomfortable real quick? Just ask that one.

I think I'll try it this weekend. Tee hee.

It's highly controversial and all over the map in my area. Maybe I'll bring it up at our next elder's meeting.

Open Mind

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Ohh what fun! I thought it was controversial but wasnt sure.. I'de love to be a a little bird in the rafters to watch the cautious debate!

• ninja
    ninja

when rangers attained 9 in a row...I was into fukinesiology.......p.s only the scots will understand this

• jambon1
    jambon1

Ninja, do you mean that all the rangers fans have 9mm willies? Thats mm not inches!

• ninja
    ninja

don't flatter us jambo....we arent that well endowed

• slmdf
    slmdf

My parents consider themselves strong JW's and they do kinesiology all the time. They know a lot of people in the organization that do it. Dad is an Elder and they both pioneered and are very open about it. No trouble for them.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Seems to me that I knew quite a few who did this.

There was a 'brother' in the San Fernando Valley who did something like this. 'Brother Bowen' I think.

Also there was some other guy that alot of witnesses here used to visit in Fallbrook California and another location. His methods were considered controversial but more due to medical soundness than to violation of Christian Principles (TM)

-Aude.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yes, Auda, I went to him and so did a lot of other JWs from San Diego. Trying to remember his name. He was a little out there as far as medical practice goes, but helped a lot of people. Unfortunately later in life his wife died and then his son and the son's family in Florida were murdered in a home invasion robbery. Very sad for him. He was a nice man. Oh yes, his name was Benesh. He was an iridologist as well as doing applied kinesiology, and there was another more famous iridologist in the area too. Walk down memory lane.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Kinesiology Watchtower-1994-December-15-pp.19-22 Page 20 of this article: What Forces Are Involved? What might a Christian want to consider in making his own decision about the practice of muscle testing mentioned in the opening letter? Certain modes of testing the strength or response of muscles are part of conventional medicine, and few would question their validity. For example, poliomyelitis can weaken muscles, and therapy for this may involve what is called kinesiology—“the study of muscles and muscular movement.” Such kinesiology is also used in rehabilitative therapy for stroke victims. Most people would understand such treatment. But what of the muscle testing described in the letter at the start of this article? This sort of “kinesiology” has been used in an attempt to find out whether certain foods, herbs, or vitamins might help or harm a person. As often practiced, the individual holds out his arm, and a practitioner presses down to test muscle strength. ***************************************************** Page 21 of this article: On the other hand, the book Applied Kinesiology states: “Sometimes [books] teach that chemical substances, such as nutrition, are evaluated by holding the substance in the hand and testing the muscle. There is no evidence that suggests any reliability in this type of testing. . . . A philosophic attitude can be so strong that operator prejudice interferes with obtaining accurate information in the testing process. **************************************************** Page 22 of this article: Likely, many who do such muscle testing (kinesiology) would say that their practice differs from what was just described, that no spiritism is involved, or that they do no emotional testing. Nevertheless, is what they do still based on a belief in forces within each human that can be tested or seen only by certain people claiming special powers? *************************************************** Scans: http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?164fs428341.jpg http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?164fs429471.jpg http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?164fs429635.jpg http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?164fs429736.jpg Nevada-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit