emergency preparedness information sheet

by erandir 28 Replies latest members private

• hilannj
    hilannj

they sure took a long time to get that to you, my mom called me 6 months ago to ask if I would be her out of area contact.. although she worded it differently.. She said something about if the local phones went down she would still be able to use her cell phone and then she could call me and leave a message for me to relay when loving Shepard calls to see if she is ok.. fat chance of that, half the time they forgot to call us to tell us that the meetings had been canceled because of the snow. jerks!

Hil

• frozen one
    frozen one

In case of emergency, how much food would you have on hand? Enough for how many days? I'm not telling you. Get your own food or starve.

How much water? Enough for how many days? None of your business. Get your own water.

If you are ordered to evacuate, what would you take with you? My 4 Glock 9mm pistols, 2 AK-47's, assorted 12 gauge shotguns, and about 20,000 rounds of ammo. Keep this in mind when you are coming for my food and water you leeches.

• SuzieQ
    SuzieQ

This form could have many purposes. Definitely to control peoples emotions, thoughts and to draw conclusions such as maybe it's in preparation of Armageddon, the elders would need to organize all the approved ones in one place to be saved. But what if a persons information and contacts were all "worldly" relatives, this would indicate a weakness that could be used to measure a persons spirituality. I don't think there is truly a way to track everyones information in this manner. Even once you get all the initial data entered in a spreadsheet or however they would put together, the information could change many times in just one year. What a pain to update it constantly. I found an old telephone book I kept from the times I was active and I noted that many JW's change their telephone numbers, addresses and friends and even relatives many, many times. That telephone book had so many changes I began putting dates next to each entry to keep it straight. SQ Calif. USA

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I agree that the WT is invasive and intrusive. OTOH (God, I have WAY too many hands!) at the church I most recently attended, if they had asked me 'most' of those questions, I would not have felt they were doing it for any reason but to ensure our safety and as a touch base in case of a local/national disaster-next of kin location and all that. SOME of the questions really went over the line. And the fact is, knowing the WT org and the way it works, I would be uneasy if they had certain kinds of information about me. Harrassment, tattling, messing with your life and reputation. Who knows what they would use the info. for? For example, what the hell difference does it make if I tell them what I would like to take with me? And wouldn't the form be a lot better if it came WITH several elders and servants numbers and addresses? AND if it came with local recommendations for emergency preparedness? The LDS church would be offering resources and information-not asking for it. They would know most of it because if you were active they would know you well anyway-not to mention they have monthly visits from home teachers and the relief society ladies. (Shepherding calls). In the WT, I thought they were supposed to be trusting in jehovah...

• erandir
    erandir

I asked her last night about this form. She got it second hand from someone else who had attended that book study. She didn't go that Tuesday...which I should have remembered but didn't. Shame on me. Anyway, she said she didn't know anything about what they said at the meeting concerning it, but that it does make sense that the elders care enough to compile a list so that they can help people quickly. Also that I shouldn't be so paranoid...not everyone is like certain elders that neither of us like. She didn't like that I said my parents might not like to be included on that list. Also, she did think the last questions were weird, especially the very last one.

I suggested not turning it in and just forgetting about it, but that's a no-go.

• codeblue
    codeblue

geez...sounds like the Gestapo!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I think it's also to make JWs *feel* like Armageddon is just around the corner, I could just hear a loyal dub say something like "Wow, I know this is just in response to the Katrina disaster, but what if Armageddon happened? Then we really would need this information - it's a great question to ask ourselves - 'are we mentally prepared for the end of this system of things?'" - And other tripe like that. As you can see, I will never lose the ability to talk and think like a Jdub. Sadly.

• JH
    JH

I thought God would protect them in all eventualities

• ninja
    ninja

ninja's emergency preparedness kit.......one dozen bottles of whisky-check......5 dozen cases of strongbow cider-check......3 dozen cases of draught guinness-check......and 1 packet of pepperamis......in case I get hungry....better to be over prepared

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit