emergency preparedness information sheet

by erandir 28 Replies latest members private

• erandir
    erandir
    To me, this sounds like a way for them to hound you if you decide to fade or leave. A way they can unfailingly get ahold of you! RED FLAG!

kittenwhiskers, that is exactly what my paranoid suspicions tell me.

Also, I am baptized, regretably...oh so regretably. I have been inactive for about 2 years now and have only attended a couple meetings since then...and not in my own congregation. So far they leave me alone and aren't pressing any issues, so this is one reason I'd like to find a legitimate enough excuse, in their eyes, of not filling out the form. I don't think the conductor will be satisfied with a simple no.

• erandir
    erandir

Can you ask your wife to find out the reason for this form? Is this being done in all congregations? Maybe you could ask her to hold off until she finds out the reasons for this invasive request. I am curious as to why emergency preparedness is now a "Bible-based" issue.

Mum, I'll ask her tonight. I think it has a lot to do with the Katrina thing where a lot of inactives slipped away, and I don't think they want a repeat of that.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I think they've gone way overboard with the amount of contact details they want. Why the heck would they need to know all that in case of an emergency!? A couple of those, yes, but...

I can't imagine they'd even be allowed to keep such detailed lists by the government of my country.

• knock knock
    knock knock

I can see the value of having a checklist for people to have FOR THEMSELVES but not to pass out your info to others. Now of course jw's are much more trusting of their elders than I would be so I guess I'm just biased thataway.

• Miss Bliss
    Miss Bliss

Well I'll do my best to bring on the cheeky...

I think it has a lot to do with the Katrina thing where a lot of inactives slipped away, and I don't think they want a repeat of that.

Hmmm funny how it takes a terrible nasty diaster to escape the clutches of the WTS...

If your wife wants to fill out the paper to avoid causing a stir and you said one of your familes lives out of the country than perhaps you could just mess up some of the name spellings and phone numbers. I personally feel like that information is none of there business but again to avoid causing a stir you could just make up some answers and keep it simple putting minimal info down. Also putting your cell numbers probably doesn't matter to much they probably already have that anyways. Sheesh I refuse to give out my number when they ask me in deptartment stores let alone give info out to the WTS and yes I am very paranoid in general, it's that whole brainwashing thing.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here in Canada we got that sheet too. I agree, cheesy and amateur. I suspect, legally, this is on purpose. Because no way would this form pass privacy laws here in Canada. If the instructions were for each elder body to hand-facsimile the questions, then the individual elders can be accused of "going ahead" of the organization rather than have the society up for breach of privacy laws.

I couldn't post ours because hubby whisked it away too quickly. My work-around was to simply leave a lot of fields blank. No freaking way on this planet are they getting my cell phone number. They can wait until the new order can call me up on a bat's ear.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Just another example of wt covert scare tactics.

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

It's a standard form being used throughout the world.

It was done after Katrina. They say it is to be able to locate and help

"the brothers" in case of a similar emergency.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies
    Can anyone think of a good reason for my stance on this...one that an elder will buy, anyway?

Why do you need a reason? Just say no. Even if you were an active JW, which I gather you're not, you don't have to do anything you don't want to. Tell where them where they can stick their form and to mind their own business(1 Thess. 4:11).

Ok so maybe you don't want to get that confrontational Still...

This form was photo copied and is not an official form from the society...no S- code or any thing. It just looks like someone made it on their PC and photo copied it.

There's your ticket right there, obviously the local elders are running ahead of the organization. Go ahead, call Bethel, ask them if this is something that they have directed local congs to do. You know they will deny any involvement. Case closed.

No Apologies

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Deleted -double post.

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit