How Many Here Actually Lock Their Doors At Night?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Wow Susan.......I work with cops all the time, when they stop by my house they are forever telling me to lock up...you need better security etc. I guess when you work and see the dark side of humanity, you don't trust anyone.

For the question...I always lock up at night, but not during the day. Probably not bright. I never lock my car unless I have something in it. My husband locks his all the time, and his car is the one they broke into.

Leslie

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Bebu asked where hubby and I live that we've had several bad experiences. Actually, in several states. Now we're in extreme NE Washington State. I don't believe there is anyplace that is truly safe. Bad guys and psychos are like sharks in the water -- they're everywhere. All you can do is try not to draw their attention, and try to be vigilent in maintaining your own security as best you can.

A lot of people, including our own daughter, won't have a gun in their house no matter what. She grew up with them, learned to handle them safely and accurately, but now feels the risk of having one in her home is not worth the possible benefit. That's her choice. Personally I think she's being an ostrich with her head in the sand. The idea that if you don't think about it, it won't happen to you is beyond lunacy. Most victims never dreamed they would ever be victims until it happens. Then it's too late.

LeslieV. said being a law enforcement family makes us more aware of the evil men can do, or words to that effect. Yes, that's certainly true. I wish I didn't know many of the things I do regarding criminal behavior and activities.

Thank you to all those who said they also lock their bedroom doors at night. It has been voiced more than once that we're odd for doing that. We always have a solid core door with a long-reach deadbolt. It feels good to throw that lock and know we have done what we can to be snug and safe. Prayers provide the final lock on the day.

Don't be easily spooked or paranoid. Just use common sense. If the bad guys want in, they'll get in. No lock, alarm, dog, or anything else will stop them. Your job is to make it hard enough for them that they'll go elsewhere to find their next victim.

Well, on that happy note, good night all! May you all be safe.

SusanHere

• erandir
    erandir

I once locked myself out of my convertible. Thankfully, a couple of minutes later a cop drove by, and I was able to wave him down so that I could ask him to open my car for me. You see, I had left the top down, and it was beginning to rain.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

It wasnt until recently that my relatives in Kentucky started locking their doors. They used to leave notes on the door for us-"gone to town, be back shortly, come on in" Small town Kentucky used to be the safest place on earth until the Meth problem started.

• knock knock
    knock knock

I keep everything locked up and I live in a really quiet area. My mother has FINALLY started locking her house up when she leaves. She lives in a very small town but that means nothing. You just don't know who's lurking about.

As it happens, my mom had been away from her home for about two years and a day or so after she returned she ran into a friend of hers in town. That friend lived well away from town on a REALLY rural road and that night someone broke into her house and killed her. Crime has never been solved. It still took A LOT of harping and prodding to get my mom to take this seriously.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i lock my doors 24-7. i have a sign out front that says i have a security system, i don't. but, if someone gets in, i have a saw'd off shotgun, a .45, and a .50 dessert eagle, just in case.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Every night, can never be too careful around here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit