What are some of the pro-JW discussion boards?

by slimboyfat 36 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know there are some about, but I just can't find them at the moment. Not e-watchman: I mean like loyal Witness boards. Can anyone help me out?

Slim

• Arthur
    Arthur

Actually, we should be asking YOU that very question Slim.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I thought witnoids weren't allowed to play on the puter. So there cant be any pro-witnoid groups. That would be like asking are there good apostates from a witnoid perspective. Or can can you be just a little bit pregnant.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What you insinuating Arthur?

I know JWs are not meant to have discussion boards, but they do. I have read some before, I just can't find them now.

Slim

• Arthur
    Arthur
    What you insinuating Arthur?

People have accused you of being a WT apologist - hence, a small gibe.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I got it - gee I must look thick.

Anyone know any pro-JW forums? Throw me a bone here.

Slim

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I cannot think of any, and this is one reason why. There simply is nothing worthwhile to discuss on one.

Any topic that stays pro-JW is apt to be boring. You hear them at the Kingdumb Hells all the time, and often it includes not getting online (which includes starting a pro-JW board). That alone explains why they are few and hard to find. And if a board does get started that isn't merely an apologist board, it is likely to have wimpy posts and wither up and die.

If the administrators do slack off on enforcing the rules, then the apostates will likely show up and tear the board up. Or posters will turn apostate after they signed up, and post something that can get every active member on the board to start thinking. And then others will turn apostate--unless the administration is on its toes, that can happen and get most of the posters to go apostate. Even the administrators themselves can go apostate after starting what was once a pro-JW board, and the board can become a general discussion board or an ex-JW board.

There might be some pro-JW boards out there. However, it generally isn't worth the time to hunt for them (JW apologist boards like eWatchman, are more stable). Usually, those lists will go out of date within a few months as the forum owners get a talk with Brother Hounder and shut down the site, the board stagnates and it's not cost-effective to keep it running, or they go apostate and the board becomes a general discussion forum. Thus, you will probably have to keep searching and be prepared for those boards to change frequently.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

On beliefnet in the believer area (only members of a religion, no dissenters) on the JW board there are a few, very few hardcore mostly ladies who get on there saying "oh isn't it a blessing that. . ." and laughing at our 'stupidity' and decrying our hard heartedness. Talking about an 'uplifting' article in the WT, and sharing inspiring stories about how their bibles saved them from a dog bite, rape or murder while out in service. It could have changed. . .so boring, I rarely look at it.

• coaster
    coaster

what the hey is an apologist?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I've actually wanted to find such a forum myself, just to see what they're saying. But when I think about it - what could they talk about?

It would probably have to be confined to talking of experiences in the ministry, talking about an uplifting article, and basically be very strictly about what the Watchtower says.

They could discuss a few Bible verses, but what if someone asked the wrong questions? Not an 'apostate', but an active member asking logical questions there are no WTS answers to? Or there are answers, but not ones that would satisfy that person?

It would deteriorate pretty quickly, I'd think.

I don't know how most young JW will react to the new KM article - will they read the sentence saying "Thus, "the faithful and discreet slave" does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight." and think:

"Well - this is in conjunction with the first statement in the article, so it must mean "no web sites that discuss religion" ?

Or will they understand it as "NO web sites allowed" and then go "Meh." and continue surfing anyway?

Or will they understand it as "NO web sites allowed" and actually quit going to any non-JW websites??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit