For the women...

by erandir 27 Replies latest jw friends

• erandir
    erandir

Sure, men and women are different. And I like those differences. But the WTS treats them as inferior while saying that they don't. I don't like that. That bit about letting the women have their way when nothing important is at stake...that takes the cake. Grrr.

The animal references certainly are strange and unusual for our modern culture, I agree.

Thanks for the responses.

Erandir

From Ohio...where the men are men and the sheep are nervous

• White Dove
    White Dove

And don't forget that Sarah called Abraham "my lord" but it was never mentioned if he called her "my queen." Should be both ways.

• RAF
    RAF

"charming mountain goat"
    "lovable hind"

... ... that's what "contextual" is all about who knows what those words really meant to them ... maybe

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I never liked when they read that verse or anything else from the SoS. It's too weird to hear it.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I thought that lovable hind meant hind end or booty. I told my Bible study conductors this and they got a good laugh.I can't imagine being compared to a cow, though. The article cited actually says that girls are overcome by their eggs when they are released and then must control themselves because the males won't/can't control themselves.

I always hated those who puy the decision to have sex only on the girl. Are the males braindead or something? Oh, and I don't appreciate being called a hind or mountain goat, but I hate being called a cow.

• Mum
    Mum

Thanks, Gopher, for that link to Jan's post. It reminds me of what young girls of my generation were told to keep us from having sex: "If you can have the milk anyway, why buy the cow?" It never occurred to me that some of us "cows" might be content to forego being purchased, therefore, owned by someone else.

If one is no longer able to reproduce, it's entirely a moot point anyway, according to the way I read that article.

Used to the udder nonsense,

SandraC

• erandir
    erandir

"udder nonsense"

heh...cute

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

"Charming Mountain Goat" Just thought it was in reference to my horns that sprout now and then "Loveable Hind" Figure the writer must be a tush man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit