Today I Witnessed to a Street Witness about Child Molestation Settlements

by flipper 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hey Flipper....Had a huge discussion with my 73 year old mother...(been in the same amount)....

Argued many points but she did admit this probably happened because I had forwarned her many months ago. I argued till I could do so no longer but brought up many points I have learned on this forum which she could not argue with.

We are meeting in 2 weeks to go over notes (Mine from this forum, and her from her witness beliefs) it should be very interesting as she is very willing to hear what I have to say.

r.

• flipper
    flipper

RESTRANGLED- I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that ! Very cool! It sounds like you are able to really get down to the nitty-gritty in conversation with your mom . My mom is the same way, being 80 and in the org. since 1951 ! It gives me hope listening to your experience ! I hope all goes well when you meet back with her in a couple weeks. Please let me know, I'm curious ! Gawd! If we can just break through this cult control crap our parents have been brainwashed with , maybe there is hope yet ! By the way, tell your husband, I enjoy his posts immensely. He makes a hell of a lot more sense than many ex-jw's on this board. He needs to keep posting , and airing his views, he is right on! I agree with all of his takes ! Checked out his input on this molestation crisis on several posts on threads, good stuff! Really, serious, he is really needed here on board, tell him I said so ! Peace out to you guys, hope it goes well with mom, let me know, Mr. Flipper

• JK666
    JK666

Flipper,

I made a point to watch the NBC Evening News with my Mother who has been a JW for over 50 years. Our discussion afterward was real interesting. While we were watching it, and she saw the caption under Barbara Anderson (Former JW), she groaned. I said "just listen to what she has to say."

Afterwards, she tried defending the Organization for a while, but I got through to her with some reasoning questions. I asked her "If I were molested as a child, would you have warned others in the congregation about the molester?" She said "Of course I would!" I then asked "what if the elders told you that you couldn't, and if you did you would risk committee action against you?" She said she wouldn't care and would do it anyway. I told her that that was why some of the former witnesses interviewed are just that, because they exposed the child molestation and were DF'ed because of it.

She had to think about that for awhile, and I then let it drop. I just wanted to break down her defenses a little bit. This sort of thing doesn't happen overnight.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

JK- You sure gave your mother something to think about for sure ! I'm happy she listened to your reasoning. But you are right only time will tell what happens as far as her disbelieving the society is mishandling things really. Good job

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit