Today I Witnessed to a Street Witness about Child Molestation Settlements

by flipper 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

Hello folks, Mr. Flipper the pot stirrer here again. No, not really, I was easy on the old guy. At our post office in our home town there every day is an approximately 65 to 70 year old witness man who stands next to the post office entry door with the magazines wt & Awake. Never says a word unless talked to, stands just like a freaking mannequin! So I saw an opportunity to help him, so I took it.

I made the first move exiting the door. I asked him," What do you have there?" He mumbled," the Watchtower and Awake. They have news for our day." I said," Oh! I've read those before, would you mind if I have them? ( Much to his delight ). I enjoy reading these from time to time. " I asked," I forget, Who puts out this magazine?" He said," Jehovah's Witnesses." Then I said," About 3 months ago I read an associated press news release in the newspaper that said the witnesses settled 16 child abuse settlements with victims who had been molested by elders and others in the church. Did you know about that?" I asked. He replied," You mean the catholic church, don't you?" I said," No. I know about those settlements. The witnesses settlement was out of court and they put a gag order on the victims where they could not talk about the settlements". He then said," That doesn't sound right to me. I know if there are molesters in our religion, we disfellowship them and put them out of the church to protect others." I then said," Are you aware that people in your church have been kicked out for reporting certain molesters? Expelled from your church?" He said," If that would happen then they would not be the true faith or religion!" I asked him how long he had been a witness? He replied," Since 1962. I got out of a religion because I thought this one was the truth. But what you're telling me does'nt sound right. It's hard to believe."

At that point, feeling sorry for the old guy I said," Well I'll read your magazines but please read that newspaper release I 'm giving you as it will show you what happened with the molestation cases." At that I wished him a good day hoping he'll read the news release I gave him. But isn't it sad that someone like him who has given 45 years of his life to these bastards, has not been informed of what's going on in his own church? It just confirmed my suspicions that probably 85 to 90 % of these people do not know about the child molestation settlements.. It felt good telling him though, in a polite way, didn't want to rock his world too much. So I welcome any comments or views you have on this. I wish we could just get on worldwide television and tell them all straight out. Peace out to you my friends. Mr. Flipper

• changeling
    changeling

Sad but true.

changeling

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks and a big pat on the back to you. Here in my town the newspaper didnt even carry any news about the settlements. Even though silent lambs held a press conference in Nashville, they never did carry the story here. It was told to me that several JW's work in the newsroom of this paper and that is why they didnt carry the story.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good job Mr. Flipper!

When I asked my JW about it he said the same thing, "oh, you must mean the Catholic Church", I said no, I'm the WTBT$ Can we say denial???

nj

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

The average rank and file has no idea about the "truth" about the "lie." Keep them ignorant is the motto of the JW religion. Leslie

• BFD
    BFD

Hi Mr. Flipper,

I feel sorry for the old sot.

BFD

• poppers
    poppers

Nice job, flipper. You treated him with respect while pointing out something about his religion that he wasn't aware of. Maybe that's a seed that will soon sprout into something.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Mr. Flipper,

Hope you kept a house to house record so you can make a return visit.

Marvin Shilmer

'Something wonderful is going to happen'

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all your replies. Mr. Flipper here. Marvin- that is a good idea. Maybe I will make a return visit on him at the post office sometime to see if he read the news release. Just so sad these people can't see through the falsity and haze of their church

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I think you did very good with the way you handle him...thanks for being very polite about it.

I feel sorry for him. The thing I think about is (since he's been is so long) will this hurt him really in the long run? The reason I ask is, he's lost a lot of life in there already. If I was in that situation I would rather not know the truth about the Religion. It would crush me knowing I had nothing. I'm almost there already and I'm only 36 years old. Sometimes, I wished I hadn't dug around to find my answers.

Then again, it may be what he's looking for anyway. Or he can help others out if he decides to get out.

As a very good friend tells me all the time, "It's not "advice", it's just a different way of thinking".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit