Shunned in the Park...

by sweet pea 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

loved it.... loved it....You are a loving woman and a excellent example for all present, and to all others that will hear about this. Thank you.

lisa

• hubert
    hubert

You showed her unconditional love.

That's the best anti-witnessing you could have done.

Hubert

• besty
    besty

Sweet Pea 'shunned' me in bed the other day, but I'm going to turn the other cheek :-)

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

How dare you speak against me Besty! I officially disfellowship you!

• free2think
    free2think
    Sweet Pea 'shunned' me in bed the other day, but I'm going to turn the other cheek :-)
    How dare you speak against me besty! I offically disfellowship you.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear SweetPea,

You did a great job in showing love. If you refuse to play their shunning game, it will make things much easier for you. They are the ones pulling this crap, so let them be uncomfortable when you go up to them and give them a big hug! I try and do the same thing!! It TOTALLY throws them off and they don't know how to respond. Usually it is like what you experienced..no life but just like you said trying to get blood from a stone. Remember though, it takes two to play the shunning game. If they are ones I never liked anyhow, and we have eye contact, I put my nose up as if to shun them and walk by them as if I never knew them. They get a taste of their own medicine. And many times they are the ones to put their ugly head down. But most of the ones I liked, and were friends with, I go up and give them a big hug. Some have even hugged me tightly back, and told me how much we are missed and we have a great conversation, telling me to tell my husband and family hello etc. It is actually kind of funny. It certainly is not what they are expecting. My daughter is a teenager, and she sees who is really being the true Christian. When your babies are old enough, they will see the loving example you set. Anyhow (((HUGS))) to you..you did GREAT!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ya done good.

Every time a JW actively shuns me I feel a surge of pride and empowerment.

I love it when there is a group of JWs and they must bear the burden of shunning me. I am the one who is free while they are burdened by their brainwashing.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

What a great witness(or anti-witness) for your non-jw friend. You definitely showed yourself to be a better person, that you could show love to a person who was shunning you.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

You did the best thing for you and for her. You didn't follow their rules. You did the loving and kind thing.

So far as the JC-seems like they are shunning you in any case. Do what you want to do and what will make you feel better at the end of it. In the case of the friend in the park-that act proved you are no longer in subjection to the org. Whether you meet with the JC or not, remember, you don't have to play their game. Make your own rules!

I think you are awesome, and hope I will be that strong. I am moving to the same very small town as a friend of mine before I left the org when I was a teenager. We are both adults,married, homeowners, parents, now. He is still a JW, probably an elder, knowing him. I hope he is one of the good ones. He asked after me when he saw my mom at the summer convention, and didn't sound like it was a judgemental way (He told my mom how much he valued my friendship when we were all kids). Maybe he is curious about the apostate/opposer. I am kind of dreading and looking forward to seeing him. But not till I lose 20 lbs:)

• poppers
    poppers

"I love it when there is a group of JWs and they must bear the burden of shunning me. I am the one who is free while they are burdened by their brainwashing."

Nicely put, Elsewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit