Shunned in the Park...

by sweet pea 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sassy
    Sassy

yeah thats tough.. she was another part of your life and although she obviously still cares for you.. her obedience to the WTS does not allow her to acknowledge that in her actions.

My ex best friend (that is what I call her), last December when she had word I was home (for Xmas no less), called my son to get the scoop on me (he was never baptised). She couldn't of course seek out me.. its ok.. I know she still cares.. as does your friend..

the difference is, now we build friendships that do not require us to be WTS followers.. its not a conditional friendship

• Open mind
    Open mind

Reading your story from half a world away, at first glance, it doesn't sound that earth-shaking. But when I put myself in your shoes and substitute in one of my relatives for "Witness X", then it all becomes clear. That took a lot of courage and a big heart on your part. Good for you.

Hopefully it will get easier from here on out.

Crumpet:

I have some raspberry on tummy blowing to catch up on!

It's comments like these I missed while you were hitting the books so hard. Glad you're back.

Open Mind

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Sweet Pea,

Remember too, that she's pissed, in that she has to still to go to the (yawn) boring-ass meetings. And there you are, living, breathing, enjoying a wonderful stroll in the park with your little babies. You aren't supposed to be able to do that. Damn it you don't go to meetings. What gives you the right to be breathing? It's exactly like you said, a case of C.D.

Kudos to you, and your little babies

Dismembered

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

You did the healthy, generous, sane thing and refused to participate in shunning. You let her know that you wouldn't play the game, so now the choice is up to her. Someday when/if she wakes up to the truth about "the truth" she will remember that and she might treat people more kindly too.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Thank you all for your kind comments and Dagney for your pm. Crumpet - can't wait to see you! We are so lucky to have you near us!

To top off our day we just got invited to a Judicial Committee - can you believe it???!!!!!! It is true. Might post the full story later - too busy discussing tactics with Besty right now......

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's part of the price they have to pay for associating with a cultic organisation they will surely ask them to do things that are damaging to themselves and others. Such is the nature of cults.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm glad you walked away from that situation feeling better for it. Live, learn and grow.

changeling

• free2think
    free2think

Wow Sweet Pea, that was very courageous of you to go up to her even though she was so obviously shunning you.

I hope your kindness makes her stop and think.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Hi Sweetpea,

Your experiences are taking me back to when I was going through those first times i was shunned. Your doing the right thing and speaking about it, and it was great to know you did the right thing with your friend, despite the awkwardness of the situation, very brave. I've read Besty's thread about the JC, and I hope together you can get through it as pain free as possible. The good thing is that you are now in control, these people have no power over you, you can do anything you choose. If you go you can get up at any time and walk out. You know they are not interested in finding out truth, but preserving the status quo, the power that they believe they have. If they were true christians, they would be eager to find out if everything was correct and they were doing their absolute best to live it properly, they would talk to you as fellow christians, and not judge you against the human standards they are so desperate to uphold. Whatever happens you have started on a journey and the further along you get the easier it becomes...enjoy.

CS 101

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

((((Open Mind))) Am still stuck with the books but thank you - comments like that keep vain ole me coming back to check! Thank you for always being so kind to me - I appreciate it. (I missed your birthday so may I wish you a belated many happy returns!)

Sweetpea - just posted on besty's JC thread. Can't wait to see you too - when its all over, we'll celebrate your new freedom and the strength you have demonstrated not to give in to this kind of pressure. (((sweetpea and besty)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit