JW Stopping Door to Door Preaching?

by SuzieQ 34 Replies latest jw friends

• SuzieQ
    SuzieQ

Has anyone heard any announcement to this effect? Could it be true? No more JW knocking at our doors? Word got around to me via relatives who heard this from an active JW who lives nearby. But I need to hear it from others if it is true. Thanks! SQ Calif.USA

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

This is the borgs bread & butter, so I doubt this.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It would be good but not likely because who will otherwise sell without getting paid, the products of their corporation, all those books and magazines? As it is now things are very convenient for the WTS, the dubs even have to buy the books/mags so the org gets its money for sure whether they manage to sell them to to recuperate their money or not.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

LOL! Yeah i agree with Dragonlady, this is what makes Witnesses have like Biblegasms- that they are "the only people in the whole world" that go dooor-to-door. They CAN'T lose it. Them giving it up would mean the whole religion falling to pieces.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I doubt it. It's just too good of a scam. They have slave labor making the books and an unpaid salesforce selling books. That sounds pretty good so far but it gets better. The unpaid salespeople have to pay for the books then give the money the get for them to the Watchtower.........sweet!

• xjwms
    xjwms

They have a free sales force !

Not going to happen.

• gumby
    gumby

Not in the U.S.A.

You probably didn't hear the entire story. China I believe is the country that's stopped the preaching of the witnesses and other faiths from prostelyzing.

Gumby

• under_believer
    under_believer

I am an inactive JW but I still go to almost all of the meetings. This is not true. If anything like this was true every other thread on this board would be about it.

• startingover
    startingover

I don't think that will ever happen. They might do a lot of things but never that. Gotta keep all the sheep busy or they might start thinking.

• Heather
    Heather

Don't think its true... in the past week i have seen several JW's out in service

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit