JW Stopping Door to Door Preaching?

by SuzieQ 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Not here. Just watched my daughter-in-law strap the grand-daughters in their car seats, for another round of traipsing the countryside aimlessly for those old Brooklyn Watchtower pricks.

Dismembered

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Never in a million years (I bet the end will STILL be 'just around the corner' then, too)

It's not just that the lit needs placing or they won't have room to make more, or got to keep 'em busy or they'll start to think...

Tho those are perfectly true.

It's the control.

The wts has a way of controlling and demeaning you publicly, keeping you its bitch. The field misery also provides a barometer of one's 'spirituality' relative to others, without it, sizing up status within the congo would be tougher, and we all know how dubs love status.

The stomping and screeching will not be ceasing any time soon.

Roller (of the 'nobody's bitch' sheep class)

• sir82
    sir82

Not true -- at the present time.

Given the litigious spirit in the US, however, at some point I would not be surprised if the legal dept. sees this as a huge liability, an accident waiting to happen. What happens when a carload of pioneers hits & kills a child playing in the street? Who are the parents going to sue? If they have a sharp lawyer, it's not going to be the $6.00 an hour Wal-mart greeters & floor buffers riding in the car.

It'll take just one legal precedent, then bam! New light.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

they might have to come up with another system after a few JWs are abducted and murdered - I can't believe they still let little kids go door-to-door, how dangerous! I sometimes wonder what they are using for brains.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    they might have to come up with another system after a few JWs are abducted and murdered - I can't believe they still let little kids go door-to-door, how dangerous! I sometimes wonder what they are using for brains.

That's because the kids are safer going door to door than the pedo paradise kingdumb hall.

• Nulite
    Nulite

With no door to door activity maybe Saturday could become another meeting day to talk about why we need to be at the Kingdom Hall on all the other days and not researching on the worldy internet and on and on and on and on and on.....................................................................

NL

• Gill
    Gill

Eventually ..... but just not yet!

In time the WT society will have a big enough captive audiance to sell its mags to, and it is no longer cost effective to keep publishing all their rags then yes, they will announce that the preaching work will end.

Then....they will sell up and disappear with their billions, upon billions!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Then....they will sell up and disappear with their billions, upon billions!

Gill,

I think the borg is sadistic, they love the control, so I don't think it's only about the money for them.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

No, for all the valid reasons above. However, DTD is becoming more perilous because of apostate householders (like me) who take the opportunity to plant a seed or two with dubs at the door. This has to be of some concern to the WTS - perhaps this is why more of the DTD work is hit and run - leave a tract and go, preferably stuck in the door, without even engaging the householder.

My invite to the DC (200 miles away) was delivered to my door by a tall, blonde Englishman accompanied by a little 4-year old Mexican boy. Sure it could have been his son (hah!) but I will say that the little boy's presence gave me pause about starting any kind of verbal slugfest with the gentleman. (I think this practice - children as hostages/shields - is purposeful as has been discussed here before.) His spiel did not encourage discussion - it was very brief, as he said it would be, and the odd duo were suddenly gone.

Anyway, with apostates on the increase, DTD work is adapting to the danger.

• Gill
    Gill

DragonLady - I don't think the GB will run off with the money! In fact they'll be sat in their ivory towers, one day they will look down and see that the ladder has been pulled from under them.

I expect that the very clever, nameless lawyers and accountants who now, in reality, run the WTBTS, will run off with the money.

The WT organization is shrinking, but where is the money going to? Some very clever blokes are pocketing the cash! Expect an announcement of 'lack of funds' in time. None of this money will have been revealed to the government and tax authorities. In theory, it probably doesn't even exist, so no one knows when it is transferred to 'other' bank accounts, least of all the silly old buggers who 'think' they are running the show!

Give it a few years!

A 'small' prediction from, Gill!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit