How do you respond to JW family?

by Laika 22 Replies latest jw friends

• whathappened
    whathappened

Don't be confrontational, PLEASE! This is your fleh and blood.

When they start talking about JW STUFF, respectfully ask a question you know they can't answer such as where in the Bible does it say which blood fractions are acceptable? Or say that you are a bit surprised about Jw.TV. because the society has always dissed televanglizers, for example. Keep it light.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

With my parents, I'll typically just change the subject... sometimes by asking about one of the dozens of elderly and sick in the congregation.

There's been a very few times that they've pushed my buttons enough for me to push buttons back, then I'll remind them that I'm old, unmarried, childless, and have nothing saved for my fast-approaching retirement age because I'd been told how close the end was back in the 1970s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and now the 2010s. And I'll remind them that none of their parents ever expected to die (but they did).

If my siblings are around, I'll use some sarcasm like, "Yep, that's why we call these the Last Days... because they last, and last, and last, and last!"

• idiotnomore
    idiotnomore
    Whenever my wife and sister get together (fortunately not very often) they start talking about that crap. One time they were talking about how they extend their service hours by walking slow, taking breaks etc. I told them that it didn't seem to me that the quantity equaled the quality and by reporting like that it totally misrepresented the time that witnesses really spend in field service. They got all defensive and their only thought-stopping comment was that at least they weren't disfellowshipped (like me). Really intelligent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit