1st post should have been new topic- What about our Bible?--

by coaster 19 Replies latest jw friends

• coaster
    coaster

First ever post. This is not new information, but it may be a scam anyway since it broke first in German and not English. I am still barely coasting along in this org. and am very observant, but evidently very slow. I do know that the worst thing for your short term mental health and well being is to study deep things, and try to prove them to yourself like the Beoreans. Why is there so much interest in UN crap, and yes we have perverts just like every other religion. But this is small stuff compared to............... we also have.........................OUR OWN BIBLE! When you grow up with this "Word of God" in your hand, you really do learn to trust it. But then, in the middle of normal, small town KH you hear again that we have restored the name Jehovah nearly 7000 times in the Hebrew Scriptures. So you wonder, how many times is that name used per page? Hmmm, get the exact number 6800 something, divide it into the number of pages in the NWT reference Bible, and.................wow, 6 times a page. Thats a lot. Well, I wonder how many times it is used per page in the Christian Greek Scriptures..............restored 237 times divided into the pages and WOW only .8 times per page!!! Not iven once a page? And yet Jesus came to make his fathers name known? What's going on here? There must be an answer.

Apendix 1-d---restored where quoted------237 times----Greek kyrios and theos is now Jehovah instead of Lord or God. OK, I know Rev. 22:17 says we can't add to or take away a single word this scroll so lets see how Jehovah is used in Rev "where quoted". OK it is used about a dozen times but why do none of the cross references show a friggin quote?!?!?!? Why, because there aren't any quotes in Rev using the name Jehovah, and duh, when something is quoted you see " " marks!!!! What a scam. I am an old fart, and never noticed this before. Not only that, but acording to Insight Bk and elsewhere------------there are no ancient Greek manuscripts IN THE WORLD that have the Name Jehovah in them!!! Society gives all this credit to Satan and his "so-called christians" who took out the Devine name and replaced it with kyrios and theos.

Well hells bells they did a damn good job! Eliminated every copy in the world, but decided to leave it in the OT nearly 7000 times, like Christians don't use that part of the Bible. How many JW's have EVER EVEN NOTICED that the name Jehovah nearly falls off the face of the earth in the the New Testament (or Greek as we only know)? But in reality it does not go from 6 times a page to .8, it goes from 6 times a page to 000.000. Now, if you can believe it, there is only one sentence in any JW writings in 57 years that explains this little fact a bit. You will not find the answer of how or why we use the name Jehovah in the Christian Greek Scriptures in any of our Bibles footnotes, forwards, or appendixes, no talk, no assembly release, not even the Devine Name Brochure! And there is only one reason........THEY don't want US to know.

Yes I am mad, and feel very, very deceived, but unfortunately very alone. Has anyone even noticed this, and are there any posts about it?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I always thought this was suspect too.

Sherry

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Realizing that the supposedly most important name in the universe - belonging to the one and only, all-powerful true god - somehow got lost, well, that went a long way toward my losing faith in him.

There are only a couple of things that we can be certain about the Divine Name: One, it wasn't pronounced Jehovah, and two, it wasn't used in the NT.

WTF!!!!

S4

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome Coaster and welcome to the club of enlightened ex-JW's. It only takes one lighbulb to find your way out of dark room.

• BFD
    BFD

You are not alone.

Two posters here that come to mind are leolaia and narkissos. I'm sure there's more. You are not alone.

BFD

• metaspy
    metaspy

this still has me in shock.
    as JWs we are pounded that God's name was taken from the Bible, not put into it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I haven't been able to find any posts on this forum on this exact topic.

However other sites do discuss this.

First (get this out of the way) is the WT official site: http://www.watchtower.org/library/na/article_06.htm

Then the encyclopeida entry on this topic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetragrammaton_in_the_New_Testament

Then a couple of other sites: http://www.jwinfoline.com/Documents/Jehovahs_name/who_removed_jehovah_from_nt.htm

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/jehovah.htm

An interesting argument was made in the jwinfoline site -- if this charge is true that certain men removed his "holy" name from the Greek Scriptures, it proves Jehovah cannot protect his name or his written word. So (in my mind) the next logical step is - if he cannot protect his written Word from alteration, then that brings into question everything in the Bible. Those are interesting consequences to the WTS' claims about Jehovah's name in the New Testament.

• BFD
    BFD

Toldja.

And btw, Welcome Coaster!

BFD

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome to the forum - great post

• rekless
    rekless

yep, that used to run through my thoughts every time the org. said that about God's name.

You ain't slow. Just late like most of us. Took me over 30 years to realize the society only feeds you what they want you to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit