1st post should have been new topic- What about our Bible?--

by coaster 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I like that - JWs are special because they have their own bible!

Yeah, the whole emphasis on the jehovah thing is just another tactic to make them stand out as different from other religions.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Wow, dude. Second time this evening my mind was blown away by a post on this site.

This site has the best spiritual food ever. My mind was never blown away at the KH.

If the dude cant even keep his own name in there, how do we know they didn't tamper with everything else????

• moshe
    moshe

On a side note coaster, I am an ex-JW who converted to Judaism. If you could to talk to a few Rabbi's about this subject you would be well served. The sacred name is just that, sacred. Hasehem, which means, "the name" is used by Jews when speaking about G-d's name.

PS- while you are talking to a Rabbi ask them why Orthodox Jews who still follow kosher dietary laws, see no conflict in accepting a blood transfusion. Then consider who is responsible for the bloodguilt of thousands of JW's who died refusing a blood transfusion- thinking it was G-d's commandment as interpreted by the WT Society. Do you still want to be a part of that collective bloodguilt?

Shalom,

moshe

• eclipse
    eclipse

I am not a christian, but I find the gospels facinating, and Jesus' character very interesting and endearing.

Jesus obviously never used God's name...it is rude to call your father by his name...

Funny thing is, his apostles never really used God's name either...they were too focused on who? Themselves and Jesus.

(which is not even the correct pronounciation of his name).

Looking at the big story from an outsider's point of view..it looks like this:

God fell out of heaven, put himself in a woman, was born, had a mother & father who loved him, finally understoof how effing hard it was to be a human, developed forgiveness, tolerance for sinners, religious leaders got told off, all human kind is invited to be special. God became human and stopped being such a tyrant - all because he was raised by nice parents. The end.

and Christ never shunned Satan -the ultimate apostate.

But this is all on the premise that the Bible was inspired and not written by men.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, eclipse I've never heard it put that way but it makes way more sense than JW doctrine.

• Tara
    Tara

Speaking of having your mind blown away, mine was last weekend. Has anyone read Jehovah Unmasked? IMO, the author makes a wonderful case for his theory.

• DJK
    DJK

Welcome to the JWD coaster.

There is a print in my avatar you can't read. It say's "I know I'm not alone; Not anymore."

DJK

• coaster
    coaster

Hermano and Gopher have read my mind. If we teach that the Name was removed in NT and we have tried our best to put it back, then we must actually believe that God did not protect and preserve his own inspired word to mankind. A point I have been taught all my life and most publications teach is that God would never allow Satan to change the Bible. If Satan has so sucessfully altered the Bible by removing The Name from every ancient Greek manuscript in the world, then what the heck else has he changed? There is a Psalm that states God would never allow even a word of his truths to be changed by the way. If Satan did do this though, then we can sure give him credit for "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial" since that would be.........NOT.

Our real support is from lame dark ages Bibles in Hebrew (J1-28)that also were translated from the ancient Greek Manuscripts that have no Jehovah in them that we used in our NWT. They changed it, so gee, we can change it too and the word is actually...........spurious verses............at least 237 of them. I am sure all jws have read the J versions, studied them, and that all halls and jw homes have copies of them in their libraries! I can't believe such a basic part of our faith is not clearly taught and explained, or that nobody seems to notice, not my Dad, my Grandad, or great uncle nor seven different elders I have asked about this. And you do not EVEN want to know what the reply was from HQ about my inquery on this subject. I go by only what is written in lit. but I am still going to be outed somehow. Our cong. is goin down bad.

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome! Great post!

changeling

• Gopher
    Gopher

Coaster,

Asking hard questions like you do can be very effective -- to show who wants to really seriously think about issues, and those who want to go on blind faith and punish those who won't follow.

What you do reminds me of the old TV detective Columbo, who always had "just one more question" when someone thought they were off the hook!

It also reminds me of how this discussion board got started in 2000. Simon kept asking questions, the elders didn't have answers. So he went public to ask other JW's those questions, and (no surprise) many other JW's and ex-JW's had some of those same questions. Without getting answers, those who were still JW discerned they couldn't continue being JW's any longer, and those who were fading or out already came to know they were not alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit