Is the Watchtower magazine's stated circulation actually erroneous?

by Orgull 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    IMHO all numbers produced by them have to be suspect!

How dare you, JK?!

You distrust your own "Mother"?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Now, let's take this one step further. We know that many of the mags are simply trashed by JWs, but how many are trashed by householders - you know, the person at the door is too polite to say "no", takes the mags at the front door, and throws them straight out the back. Now that they are free, this probably happens constantly.

And, let's not forget how many JWs don't even read the mags. I almost never did.

Really, these must truly be the most un-read, over-published magazines in the history of the world.

• Orgull
    Orgull

The hardest part for me now is having to do things. Like the number 4 talk tonight.

The urge to get up there, smile and say, "Screw you guys, I'm going home." then walk out with only my wallet and keys, leaving my bible, case and stuff there discarded... the temptaion is rich let me tell you.

I have no idea how I'm going to go up there tonight with a straight face.

• metatron
    metatron

I think the full quote from Cartman is:

"Screw you guys, screw you guys, screw you guys, I'm goin' home"

metatron

• erandir
    erandir
    You distrust your own "Mother"?

I could not stand it when my book study conductor would say "And we are so thankful for our motherlike organization."

Orgull,

Do you "have" to give that talk 4? You could just be a no-show. Think of it as good practice for the brothers who do the improv, moments' notice talks. That's a win-win situation!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Orgull-

If you show up, and they call on you to give the talk, just stand up and repeat after me, "I was too busy posting on JWD to prepare the part." Then split with your wallet and keys, leaving all their crap behind. You'll be a free soul!

• Orgull
    Orgull

I can't do a no-show. I have a long standing reputation for never ever cancelling a talk and for being at every single meeting. If I was a no-show tonight there would be three elders at my house as soon as the meeting ended, guaranteed. They would know something is wrong.

I don't want them to know that. Yet.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

90% of all WBT$ literature is under beds,in box`s in a garage or a spare room.....You could`nt give that crap away with a free cup of coffee..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I know even the people who read the magazines in our congregation didn't really read them. For example, when we were to do the watchtower (high light or underline our answers) half of the people in our congregation didn't even do it. My dad would tell me when he would be a mic man that he would see that. So even the ones people did keep, they didn't really read.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The Watchtower says it's circulation (at present) is about 28 million copies of each magazine.

Not speaking for others, but I have a couple of a million copies of unplaced magazines in boxes in my garage.

They just seem to accumulate.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit