Is the Watchtower magazine's stated circulation actually erroneous?

by Orgull 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Orgull
    Orgull

I just changed my order of magazines at the counter to the bare minimum. Why? Me, my dad, my friends, heck everybody I know throws out a large bag of unused Watchtowers and Awakes every few months or at least once a year.

Then it hit me. The Watchtower says it's circulation (at present) is about 28 million copies of each magazine. If there are six million witnesses and we each waste as little as one copy above the one we need for ourselves, then about 25% of the Watchtowers produced are never used. If the wasteage is worse, the figures get scarier.

If every witness uses one copy for themself and wastes two copies, as in doesn't place them, just throws them away, then 75% of the watchtowers circulation is not being used in field service.

Is it possible, that after taking wasteage into consideration, the Watchtower's actual READ and USED circulation is merely a sad fraction of what is stated?

• sir82
    sir82

Bingo!

Note that "circulation" does not have the same definition as "number printed".

28 million of each issue are printed. As you noted, at most 10 million or so are actually "circulated", the rest get dumped at laundromats, park benches, etc., or just directly to the landfill.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    and we each waste as little as one copy

Is lining by bird's cage considered waste?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Orgull!

If you don't stop thinking so much, you're gonna become a full-blown apostate!

Get your ass back to the Kingdom Hall, before it's too late.

Armageddon is nigh! LOL!

• Orgull
    Orgull

@ nvrgnbk

A few months ago your comments would have frightened me. Now I find them amusing, almost complementary.

Amazing. I guess bad association does spoil useful habits lol.

Good thing I'm breaking away from the bad association!

• BFD
    BFD

• poppers
    poppers

Good for you, Orgull!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Is lining by bird's cage considered waste?

No, that is the only good use for watchtower magazines. They are highly absorbant and an excellent choice for even the most diarrhetic birds.

W

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

@ nvrgnbk

A few months ago your comments would have frightened me. Now I find them amusing, almost complementary.

Amazing. I guess bad association does spoil useful habits lol.

Good thing I'm breaking away from the bad association!

Thanks, guy. I can relate. I was an elder just a little over a year ago. Something how we change. Knowledge will do that you see.

• JK666
    JK666

Orgull,

Considering the Society's proven lack of honesty in other aspects, IMHO all numbers produced by them have to be suspect!

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit