overcompensating when leaving JWs?

by B_Deserter 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I think that lots of us went a bit off the rails but it is all relative... these things that we got up to were really not that bad when looked at from a worldly perspective... so I got a nose ring and got drunk a couple of times and smoked occassionally... I never got hectic with drugs or sold my body or anything that could be considered really bad behaviour. Most of my "worldly" or rather "real" friends think I am quite a goody two shoes all things considered!

I know that essentially my parents were successful in just instilling me with a sense of right and wrong, morallity, if you will and for that I thank them. What I don't thank them for is leaving me with a feeling of never ever fitting in and for the religion overload, so much so that I cant bear the thought of any religion! People with fishes on their cars get my back up!

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

LOL! Only one of my children has gotten a tattoo. Two have gotten piercings, but one let it grow back over.Their "rebellion" has mostly consisted of getting involved with motocross racing, donating blood, donating to church food pantries, joining the military, and being involved in monogamous nonmarital relationships.

All disfellowshipping offenses according to WTS policy

Edited to add: Oh, and playing lottery and WINNING

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit