Damaging property and driveways in Field Service. The good old days.

by Open mind 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Open mind
    Open mind

Bad Attitude said:

"WOTH doesn't drive, and teen can't go to vet alone. "

Lemme guess: Woman of the House?

That was a great story! I'm glad you didn't lose sight of priorities (eternal salvation and all that) in the telling.

Open Mind

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Great writing, Om!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Ahhhhh, that's spectacular. See I was such a weiner I'd have been the one to feel guilty enough to get out and do the door.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The worst incident that I have seen was someone was playing with a remote controlled car near us while we were doing a call. I sat out the call, and watched the car as it was being driven around. Then when we left, the driver of our car hit the toy car, destroying it. I don't know if he had to pay for it. All that for a stupid scam.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I went door to door 33 years my personal worst is getting my two ton 1969 Pontiac catalina stuck up to it's axles in mud whan the frost was coming out,right smack in a homes front lawn tore it to pieces.To those in warm climates you don't know what your missing here in maine the ground freezes to 5 feet and thaws out from the top, so until the last frozen layer thaws you have 5 feet of quicksand.

Still Maine though don't like the heat

• Open mind
    Open mind
    Great writing, Om!

Thanks, Nvr. Role models like AK-Jeff and others inspire me to put a little more "elbow grease" into it now and then. Animal:

And you guessed it.... after all of the hubbub was over with, we went on and finished the block.

Wow. That "pioneer dude" sounds hardcore, old school. Musta been a hoot working with him. Open Mind

• BFD
    BFD

This thread was totally enjoyable. I never heard of witnesses leaving a trail of dead behind before. Holy crap, I hope that little old lady gets her magazines when she's resurrected.

I live in rural NY but I am house is in town. It looks like any other suburban nieghborhood yet one day I watched as a group of JW's drive from house to house. Pulling into driveways, leaving the car running. I thought it was a bit odd. I was waiting for them to get to my side of the street because I was going to have a few questions for them. Like, why the hell are you driving from door to door? But, they never showed up at my house. WTF!

Anyway, really enjoyed all the posts here.

BFD

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Boy, does reading this thread bring back some funny FS memories... like the time we were on unassigned territory (probably the same as what you call rural territory in the states) and we arrive at a farm. There are 4 of us in the car and the one dimwit that we were with jumps out eagerly saying she will go speak to this householder - she knows his name already, we all ask how and she says she saw his name on the tractor parked in his driveway - John Deere... fool - the tractors make was John Deere!

Another time I was on FS with my Dad early on a Sunday morning and as we wnt up to the front door we clearly heard that the people inside were doing a bit of early sunday morning humping... so my dad who has knocked already, politely shouts to them that we will come back later... and what was worse, he insisted that we did go back... oh the embarassment!

Tell me I was not alone in going from house to house and hoping like hell that the householders wouldn't hear us knocking or their doorbell wasn't working or better still they just werent there!

These are stories that you just cannot tell to a person who wasn't ever in the truth!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome to the Board Princess Daisy Boo!!!

That was too funny about your Dad having to explain himself to the Sunday morning humpers.

You must have melted into the porch.

Hope you stay with us a long time.

Open Mind

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Tell me I was not alone in going from house to house and hoping like hell that the householders wouldn't hear us knocking or their doorbell wasn't working or better still they just werent there!

I used to pray for any of those scenarios at every single door. Most of us here did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit