tattoos and piercings, do they have a meaning for you?

by memario 42 Replies latest jw friends

• memario
    memario

Lately on here someone got a piecing and my question is did it mean anything to you or was it a thing to do? I have thought of getting a tattoo but I don't know what to get. It needs to repersent something of significance in my life. I've decided to get a piecing. I know it will hurt, but it will not hurt as much as the pain that I have caused to the ones I love. This will be a tranformation and a reminder for me as I have been awoken from my 39 years of sleep.

thoughts:

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I've got a tattoo of my wife's name. I'm thinking of getting my two daughters names under hers.

• BFD
    BFD

I was 45 years old when I got my first and only tattoo. It's a long story but I got it as a tribute to my father who had died 4 years earlier.

I will get aother one for my mom if she goes before me. I know where I will put it. I just don't know what it'll be. I have a few ideas about it, though.

BFD

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I have this tattoo on my ankle to keep me "connected" to my mom, who loved roses, and who died in 2000.

ESTEE

• sspo
    sspo

I don't care about tatoos but i noticed Estees got nice legs with or without a tatoo.

• BFD
    BFD

ESTEE,

That's beautiful. Mine is on my left calf and it does make me feel fell somehow connected to the old salt. It's a big anchor.

BFD

PS- Nice gams!

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I have two and both are highly symbolic and personal. The first one I got just as I was exiting and I wore it like a symbol of my defiance. My second one I got nearly exactly one year later and it symbolizes my owning of myself and my own power. I knew I wanted a tatt before I ever got one but I wanted it to be exactly perfect and I'm so pleased with mine. I hope your piercing gives you similar satisfaction.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never had one, I can't get used to the idea of putting something on my skin that can't be erased.

• Terry
    Terry

1. Who would wear the same clothes every day of their life?

2.Who would sport the same hairstyle every day of their life?

3.Who would wear the same jewelry and accessories every day of their life?

4.Who would so limit their choices that they'd never, ever change something about themselves no matter what?

WELL, THAT'S A TATOO.

Turning your body into a bathroom wall for somebody to decorate with graffiti is a permanent choice completely closing all options for change.

The art is usually mundane, tacky, obvious, commonplace and banal.

From a distance a tatoo looks like a bad bruise or an itchy rash.

When you are old you'll look like the love child of a sailor and an ex-con gone wild.

Tatoos don't express identity as much as they express succumbing to peer pressure to be one of the crowd.

Being different makes you an individual; not doing what just about every other Tom, Dick and Harriet is doing.

Would you draw on a flower?

What do tatoos mean to me personally? They make me very sad, usually.

Aborigines, prisoners, sailors, slaves and primitive pagans sported tatoos. How lovely it is that 15 year old girls have joined that lot!!

No thank you.

Do what you like. It is your body. Unfortunately the rest of us have to look at your permanent selection in its monotonous banality.

Cool, it ain't.

• franzy
    franzy

so, as you can see, all further discussion of tattoos is silly,
    thanks to terry's illumination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit