Anyone seen the Secret?

by Satans little helper 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    I saw no parallel at all with the JW's. It's simply another way to market positive thinking - and that's been around for donkeys years!

In total agreement with sammieswife. Also the JWs are being advised not to watch it as it causes one not to put their trust in Jehovah but in yourself and your abilities. Personally, I found the Secret very delightful and agree that its great for beginners. Have you seen "What The Bleep Do We Know"? Its pretty deep. I think its mentioned in one of the promos on the dvd...it came out a few years ago.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I found it very interesting but think it was little more than a new spin on positive thinking, which we all know makes the world a better place right?

My feeling that it was JWesque came from it being very preachy and full of wonderful claims but beneath the fanfare was nothing but hot air. I was left waiting for the punchline, where was the big secret?

So if I really believe that I am going to get a fit blonde and a new porsche then the universe is going to give it to me? (not that I want a fit blonde or a new porsche - Mrs SLH is a Brunette and quite fine thankyou very much)

Positive people have good things happen to them because you attract positive people to you when you put out positivity and from this arises opportunity - no arguements from me there. But to claim that nothing more than belief is required? I think that is hogwash.

ETA: If absolute belief was enough then armagheddon would have come in '75

• ninja
    ninja

never seen it.....no one told me about it

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I downloaded the book on my Ipod....I'm on chapter three...but so far sounds like positive thinking stuff....can't do any harm...but definately isn't at all like JW...more like empower yourself..don't wait around for other people to make circumstances correct for you to do something...I could do without the mystic crap, but I'm sure that's what sells more......

• fedorE
    fedorE

I downld it and watched it. I like the message which seems to be the universe works with you and if your positve in every tiny little thing u can achieve a lot...It reminded me of a marketing scheme though..Like a couple of dudes sat down and said how can we make some money off something that wont cost us anything to produce....Still, it seems the movie was stating fact as a "new thing" ppl with for example that in a wheelchair and have no legs can surround themselves with friends that work for labs and scientists and eventually someone will say "hey man i like you u gota great attitude and id like to try this new mechanical arm on u if u agree...." but first u gota get the universe to get the scientists to meet you.

• alamb
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Yep, before it hit big time.

I like the message even though some of the characters can be squirrely (sp?? spelling nazis eek). The message is as old as the hills, but a succinct and practical way of presenting it in today's world.

I have found it works in many things...although I need to concentrate on the money more ; ))

I say put the filter on and use what you like!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit