So who's having therapy then?

by sweet pea 12 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Thanks for your input so far guys and dolls - looks like the overall opinion is that therapy helps whatever you need it for.

Mincan - please go and see your doctor straight away and get a referral to a therapist, go direct, or post away here night and day and we'll all try and help you get through this. In the meantime take deep breaths and remember "this too will pass". Your feelings can be overwhelming at times and unfortunately there's no short cut through the pain but it does get better I promise you.

• flipper
    flipper

Mincan I sent you a pm. Please take care. As for me I started therapy in my late twenties, about 20 years too late. Bouts of depression that would last weeks or months, and not a real happy camper in between, either. Seems to be partly a genetic thing from my Dad's side of the family. Therapy helped me immensely both to get me out of the depression cycle and to learn to be happy in this world. When it got extremely bad after a divorce 17 years ago, my regular therapist had a weekly support group that I joined. 5 women and 3 men from the beginning stayed in the group 3 years until we "graduated" It was awesome. Because I have a chronic thing I've gone for a lot of therapy over the years - it seems that things I learned in therapy sometimes don't really sink in until years later -better late than never. So in the past 5 years I only go to check in every 2 to 4 months and I'm good. Very cool MD/shrink who is into retraining your mind with relaxation therapy - he's kind of famous, Emmet Miller, wrote books. Lives way out in the woods half an hour from here, has the office there. Intersting stuff. OK im gonna stop now. Sorry - the caffeine's really kicking in.

• flipper
    flipper

Hey the above was me, mrs flipper. HEY - does anyone in Canada know of a good therapist in Mincan's area?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit