Ever have sunburn so bad...

by lonelysheep 13 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That some of your skin feels like leather? Ugh...I got it a week ago when I forgot I was fair skinned and left without sunscreen! There's a brown patch which doesn't feel like skin any longer and has little to no sensation.

I never knew the sun could actually do this much damage so quickly.

Just curious......

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

pics please

• journey-on
    journey-on

The worst sunburn I ever got was at the Los Angeles Convention in 1963 when I was a little girl. My skin peeled for days and days. I guess my mother didn't know what sunblock was or maybe they didn't have it back then, I don't know. But I'll never forget that sunburn. It just sort of snuck up on me.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I hit 38. My dermatologist told me to stay out of the sun. Which I do here in Florida. I work midnights. You want to protect your skin when you are young. Use baby care sp50.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I've gotten sunburned so bad when I was a kid playing at the beach, this was before sunscreen! Anyway I had sun poisoning and was very sick. I couldn't stand any thing to touch my skin, no clothes and spent most of my time in the tub soaking in cold water with vinegar. It was awful, I blistered and peeled all over for weeks! And I'm dark skinned I hardly ever burn.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

WAC, I'll email it to you if you'd like. I'm too embarrassed to post it on here. The patch is disgusting, and not peeling.

This ISN'T me, but if you look at that tan patch of skin under the top pink area of her, then imagine that in the same spot at 3x's the size and dark, dark brown-- that's what is on me.

http://www.careinthesun.org/images/P3150022.jpg

24-72 hours after I was sun exposed, I felt like crap. Fever, fatigue, dizzyness, no sweat. I'm okay as of Thursday and realize I was dehydrated. It scared me, though.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

oh gross...please cancel request

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

LMAO!!!!

• sspo
    sspo

As a teenager i got burned so many times that i lost track.

• changeling
    changeling

You might want to keep an eye on that brown patch.

No, I don't believe they had sunblock in 1963.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit