Ever have sunburn so bad...

by lonelysheep 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

When I was a teenager we used to go tubing down one of the rivers in southern Mississippi with my JW friends. I was determined not to get sunburned so I doused myself with sunscreen. The problem was that I forget the top of my two feet. When we got to the end of the trip, the top of my feet were burned very badly and I had to wear these dress shoes and socks to go to the KH the next day. Boy did that hurt!

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    You might want to keep an eye on that brown patch.

You're right, and I am concerned enough to call the doctor on Monday. I was going to wait another week, but won't since the rest of my back/shoulders have peeled and this hasn't, and the sensation difference is not a good sign. I can run my fingers across the newly healing skin above and below it and feel sensitivity; it hurts a bit. When I do so (with pressure) over the patch, I barely feel anything in comparison.

I'm still shocked the sun can cause this in an hour.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I got burned really bad about a month ago. Huge blisters, peeling all over my legs and feet. And I was out in the sun for maybe an hour. I finally went into urgent care, they told me it was second-degree burns, but then they wouldn't do anything for me!

No Apologies

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

This won't help you right now, lonelysheep, but a couple tips (from a dermatologist) might help if you should get burned again:

Your skin will continue to burn even after you're out of the sun. It needs to be cooled down for a few hours after you're out of the sun... cold/cool shower, cold towels held on the burned skin... anything that will get the heat out of the skin and stop the damage from progressing.

It won't undo damage already done, but it will stop the progression of heat into the deeper layers of skin.

Hope you're feeling better soon! You should definately get that spot checked out, though. Sounds kinda scary!

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit