For any young lurkers, or anyone who feels or has felt trapped.

by Crumpet 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

If I could find one of my old diaries I would definitely have to post some of the stuff I wrote in them. Its always nice knowing that there are other people out there who feel and/or have felt the way that we have at one point or another.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Maybe one of my kids will read it!

I can only hope.

Open Mind

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

damn double post

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Damn good post Nina. The troubles of adolescents are already enough to deal with. Why doesn't the Watchtower appreciate this, and leave them out of its cultish entrapment? Oh yeh, the parents! Something about spoiling the child with a rod I think.

Jeez, if I think back twenty five years, then your diary shopping list is a carbon copy of mine. It took me near on another ten years before I fully broke away. And this crap stayed with me another ten years after that. As is a common thought here, 'if only I knew then, as a kid, what I know now'.

steve

P.s. Looks like your shampoo commercial going well !

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Steve? My shampoo commercial??? Do you mean my avatar? Thats at Ross and Diane's wedding when the rain started and i was worrying also about butterflies getting tangled in my hair!

BTW, were you considered "gifted" as a writer, or is that sample fairly representative of what the British educational system produces by age 15?

I am very flattered you should say so Open Mind. I've always wanted to write and in fact do - though mostly diaries and the odd story or magazine article (none of which have been published, although I did meet a couple of agents who said I should write something and send to them, I haven't as yet). I think I have my parents to thank rather than the educational system. They taught me read at the same time as I was learning to talk so I could read as well as most 7 year olds by the time I was 3. And then they decided to homeschool me from age 10 to 14 so my typical studying day was about 12 hours compared to most kids who have 6. Because I wasnt able to mix with other children I spent most of my leisure time out in the fields around our village reading and writing so it probably improved my vocabulary compared to the advantages of the average British playground.

• heidi04
    heidi04

You know I am 46 and still feel trapped. I married and JW and have been in and out and now I want out. My husband wants in and I really want to end the marriage and let him be and maybe marry a JW. I have had mostly bad experiences throughout the years and I find that now having a lot of worldly friend I am happier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit