"Clean Sweep", "Mission Organization"...

by changeling 17 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Do any of you watch these shows? Do any of you wonder if the participants ever learn anything? Do they go back to thier old habits after the camera crew leaves?

Some people realize they have annoying habits but never figure out how to break them. Others just like to be annoying.

Any thoughts?

changeling

• blondie
    blondie

Some of these shows do go back and see how they are doing. Some are successful, others not.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My fav is "How Clean is You House?"

These ladies crack me up, but it's amazing how filthy people can be.

• Mum
    Mum

Yes, I watch because they offer what I need to learn. I've learned to get by with less, have gotten rid of a lot, and am still working on it.

It's true that most of us are creatures of habit, and changing those habits is hard. Some are better at it than others. I can attest that it's worth the effort.

Regards,

SandraC

• changeling
    changeling

I think some of them are just pathological. Like they need therapy not just a make over.

Another one I like is "What Not To Wear". I think most of them do learn a thing or two. They act like they "saw the light". I wish someone would send me on that show. I would love a new wardrobe!

changeling

• changeling
    changeling

OK , so...so far no one has realized I was not really talking about these shows but tryng (unsuccesfully and in a cowardly manner) to make a parallel with someone else... somebdy who persists in his annoying habits....but if I have to spell it out it's obvously not working...so I think I'll kill my thread.

changeling

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I would love a new wardrobe!

For both men and women, Levis and t-shirts are winners.

Substitute shorts for the jeans when appropriate.

Wear sandals or flip-flops.

You can send me a check later, changeling.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I wish someone would send me on that show. I would love a new wardrobe!

Me too

• changeling
    changeling

nvr: I think you NEED to go on "What Not To Where" if you want to continue walking around NYC. I will take "atheist" advise from you but keep the fashion advice to yourself.

Did you not get the gist of my thread either?????

changeling

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Frankly, the "gist" of the thread escaped me.

I'm left wandering what you mean to say.

It was a late night. I'll get back to you after some more coffee.

Read Cosmopolitan. Guys love women in jeans and t-shirts. Just ask Mr. changeling. LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit