"Clean Sweep", "Mission Organization"...

by changeling 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

Well, I'm not sure who persists in annoying habits. It couldn't be yours truly.

Before I retired, I got to attend an employer sponsored seminar on wardrobe. I learned a lot. I'll share for those who are fashion challenged as I am.

For women, there are four styles of choosing a wardrobe: (1) Natural; (2) Romantic; (3) Classic; and (4) Dramatic.

Most women fall into the natural category (as described in nvr's post). Natural dressing is the easiest. Wardrobe choices are practical and mostly casual.

The classic look is just that - suits, coordinating blouses, not fussy, almost always acceptable fashion.

The romantic look has lots of ruffles and lace, gossamer fabrics, often soft colors.

The dramatic look consists of bold patterns and quirky designs that do not follow tradition. I have a friend who wears broomstick skirts and flowing tops that are very eye-catching.

After attending the seminar, I started to branch out. I was a natural-classic. I went and bought some romantic and dramatic pieces to get out of my rut. It's fun to surprise people by not being as predictable as I used to be. What a great excuse to do some shopping!

Regards,

SandraC

• changeling
    changeling

Can I wear a cool jacket with those jeans? Maybe pointy boots in the fall and winter? And bracelets, I love bracelets.

changeling (just wandering around NYC)

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Did someone say "wardrobe"?

For both men and women, Levis and t-shirts are winners.

For women, I would recommend a more flattering jean like Lucky Brand or Diesel. Remember, if you haven't pushed away from the table or are not keeping up your cardio then go with a mid-rise jean and NOT a low-rise jean. As for t-shirts, ladies you can never go wrong with a baby-doll style t-shirt just make sure you get the proper size and length (not all baby-doll shirts are cropped they come in longer lengths now).

Substitute shorts for the jeans when appropriate.

If you are in doubt, go with the jeans. But put the shorts in the car just in case you need to a drive by of the occassion to determine if a wardrobe change is required.

Wear sandals or flip-flops.

Well maintained pedicure required. Heels should be pumiced and feet properly moisturized. Otherwise find a cute full slip-on shoe and no one will ever know that you're hiding broomhilda feet.

• changeling
    changeling

shopaholic knows her stuff!

changeling (surrendering to the literal interpretation of my thread)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Can I wear a cool jacket with those jeans? Maybe pointy boots in the fall and winter? And bracelets, I love bracelets.

changeling (just wandering around NYC)

Sounds lovely, changeling. Wandering is fun isn't it? Especially in NYC.

And yes, shopaholic does know her stuff. LOL!

Now I'm asking myself, "what the hell am I doing discussing women's fashion with you ladies?".

I'm out of here. LOL!

• Tara
    Tara

Ladies,

Let's go shopping! I hate to go alone.

Nvr, you can come, too.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Changeling, do you think that those on this board are just finding something to obsess about now that we don't have the impending destruction of the world to warn everyone about, so that after escaping one trap, we are simply obsessing about warning everyone about the evil WTS, thus falling into another annoying way of life? (I think that sometimes myself!)

OR, is this about personal housing messes? I was living in total chaos and discovered Flylady on this board! (flylady.net). My house can be vacuumed or mopped without moving piles of crap now. My sink is clean. My house sold in 10 days, and I think it is because I have developed some good habits, one at a time. I love those shows, but now instead of wishing they would come to my house, I feel sorry for the folks living in the disaster. I hope that they can maintain the order.

• changeling
    changeling

Obsessed? Naw...he's not obsessed! He's way beyond that.

I'm glad you cleaned your house.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit