Do You Still Call It "The Truth"? "The Brothers" etc.

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Only on two occasions. First, slipups are possible (you remember when someone slipped and said a dirty word while in the organization). That can happen to anyone who is not extremely careful, but like swear words while you were in the Tower, this tends to happen less often.

The other time is when I am mocking the Tower. I might refer to it as the "truth" with the quotations in, often with a (??) added. And then I will find something that directly contradicts it. That way, the contrast between what the Tower claims to be and what it is comes clearer. As for that "new" order, I almost always use that in a context that implies how stagnant it actually is going to be (since I feel that the "new" order, if it came as predicted, would actually be very stagnant). The other buzzwords, I tend to make a mockery of them for the same reasons. As for the Watchtower Society, I like the terms Craptower Society and Puketower Society and Jehovah's Witlesses.

• blondie
    blondie

I try to.

Instead of "the truth"

THE LIE

Instead of the "brothers"

BAPTIZED MALE JWS

Instead of "Jehovah"

GOD

To change your vocabulary you have to substitute another word or phrase

Of course, I keep my language intact when talking to believing jws.

Blondie

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Brother or sister doesn't bother me very much.

But, The Turth?? Man, I refused to use that term when I was still a JW!

Even now, when I'm talking to my ex-wife, and she'll say somebody has left the truth, I'll say, "Oh, you mean they stopped being one of JWs!"

S4

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I had this strange conversation with a friend of my husband a few days ago. She called saying that she had just been to the Black Expo and thought she might have missed us. I told her we didn't go maybe next year. Then she goes on the say that she was trying to be good and went to the Friday session of the convention. No problem there in my mind but then she goes on to say that even though she doesn't go to many meetings she trys not to miss going to the memorial every year. Yeah that was my face, so glad we were talking on the phone cuz I didn't know she was a jw, we've even spent the night at her house. Didn't see anything that would tip me off. Asked the hubby, he had no clue.

• minimus
    minimus

What's "The Turth"?

• flipper
    flipper

Minimus- Mr. Fliper here. I subscribe to Seeker 4's view. When in conversation I always say when I was raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, not the truth. Or I will say a person is one of Jehovah's Witnesses, never say they are in the truth, because they're not! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• minimus
    minimus

But what's "The Turth"?

• MsBHaving
    MsBHaving

no I call it the False now. Its really hard to change your way of life. I hate it when people are referred to as "worldly" or "bad association" I make every concious effort now not to use that other language. Did you ever have a conversation with someone other than a JW and watch their faces get all twisted up when they can't figure out what your talking about when you use all the JW languages. Its funny!! Here is a story you'll think is funny... I was talking to a workmate about someone she knew. I asked her if the other person was a witness.... she looked at me and said "witness to what??" A murder? I died laughing.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I loved it when I learned how to put this (™) by words like 'brothers'™ and 'the truth'™

lisa

• Forscher
    Forscher

No.

I made a conscious decision not to. Instead, I call it the "society" or "organization" to those who would know what I am talking about and "Jehovah's Witnesses" or "the Watchtower Society" to those who do not. My wife, though, still uses the Society's catchwords.

Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit