I can't eat......

by ex-nj-jw 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Okay, a little history first....

I have severe osteoarthritis in my right knee, so I take 800mg of Ibuprofen three times a day to help with the pain. I've tried all the other anti-inflamatory meds and Ibuprofen works the best for me. Because I take the Ibuprofen I've given myself pretty bad acid reflux for which I take medication twice a day and it has worked up until this past Sunday.

I had a cheeseburger (I usually don't eat like that) but being out of town I splurged....Since then everything I eat or drink burns like Hell and I feel nauseated . I went to the Dr. and he gave me Carafate, It's supposed to coat your stomach.

I'm living on tea, crackers, applesause and jello and I'm starving And I had a bad day at work, the line in the grocery store was horrible and I'm just a miserable person today. And I can't even have a glass of wine.......

Phew, at least I got that off my chest. Thanks for listening!

nj

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Sorry to hear about your pain. It must suck. Check this forum out .. it's #1 in the WORLD.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

sounds like you need spritual food lovingly provided by the FDS, sorry did I make you barf just now, I just threw up a little in my mouth.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

{{{{{ex-nj-jw}}}}}

• free2think
    free2think

That sucks NJ. First of all ((((((hugs))))))

I take a lot of painkillers too for heachade, at the mo ibuprofen isnt strong enough, but i found that after a while with all the painkillers i take my body reacts in some way against them. Either i get stomach pains, or burning acid reflux. So i feel your pain, really i do. I hope it calms down so you can eat something soon.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sorry to hear about your gastro-intestinal difficulties.

I too have been taking NSAID's because I have arthritis of a different variety: AS (Ankylosing Spondylitis). I've been on various NSAID's but had to move past Ibuprofen because it quit working for me. There are others that are easier on your stomach that a doctor can prescribe - that may be as effective.

NSAID's can just tear up your insides. I have had kidney stones, gall stones, and an appendectomy. Fortunately I had good insurance at the time of all those very painful episodes.

Are you able to you cut back on the Ibuprofen for just a little while, seeing what it's doing to your stomach?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Thanks everyone - I really did need some sympathy

WAC - I didn't know you were a Dr. I'm checking out the site, Hell I'll stand on my head if someone told me it might work!!! I need my wine, it's been 6 days since I had a glass!!!

My hubby just called - asked how I was feeling, told him terrible, next question? What are you cooking for dinner tonight baby?

My generic answer to any dinner questions when I'm annoyed or on JWD , is make a sandwich!!!

nj

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Gopher,

Yes, I've stopped them but I'm in terrible pain from my knee. I've been on every other NSAID on the market and Ibuprofen works the best. I guess i have no choice but to give it up at this point. I do have percocet but I try to only take it when I absoultly have to.

I've been dealing with my knee problems for 5 years now and I need a total knee replacement. I'm trying to hold off until I'm older at least 55. I'm a nurse and they don't last too long when you have it done to early, and being a nurse and very active I could easily have to have another surgery in 10 years!!!

Thanks for the suggestions!!

nj

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    sounds like you need spritual food lovingly provided by the FDS, sorry did I make you barf just now, I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Thanks worldlyandre!!! Damn apostate!

nj

• greendawn
    greendawn

Ex nj jw not eating well can't go on for too long because the body will soon get starved of nutrients and that can cause depression as the brain won't be able to produce enough energy. Do you take nutritional supplements while not eating sufficiently well? They are a must under such conditions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit