LOL @ 1972-1974

by IP_SEC 32 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

My dad was your typical crew cut hippy hating type in the 60s, and a Nixon-apologitic Dirty Harry fan in the early 70s, so no, we never became JW.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    My dad was your typical crew cut hippy hating type in the 60s

Ya I hate them long-haired bastards too

• What-A-Coincidence
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think we're the generation that will bring the cult down.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    I think we're the generation that will bring the cult down.

I would like to turn that into "WE WERE THE GENERATION THAT BROUGHT DOWN THE CULT" ... we would be famous!!!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    JK said - "I was told that I would never graduate High School! I graduated in 1974! "

Yeah - the same year I graduated. I remember those years. I also remember not getting to complete a 2-year college education (thanks mom!).

But - I haven't done too bad.

I also remember the tongue-clicking at those JWs who were just married and starting their families around that time. Such a 'bad' time to have young ones... right before Armageddon (A). tsk tsk tsk... why can't they 'wait' until after 'A' to get married and have their children in the 'new system'?

Yup... I remember these years...

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. my older sister & younger brother are _still_ waiting until after 'A' to get married and have a family... what a waste.

• Orgull
    Orgull

1972 here.

Man I remember being told not to warry about what I'd do when I finished school because the system would be over by then.

I've been out of school for 14 years and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! :)

• Highlander
    Highlander
    my Aquarian little brothers

Armageddon baby here, and a fellow Aquarian brother of IPsec

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The joke was on us.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yo Highlander!! We are the same Mcloed, We are brothers!

Nvr, Im still laughing. That was the joke of the decade. The joke will be on them though cuz I plan on getting my second wind by 2075.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit