LOL @ 1972-1974

by IP_SEC 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Those were my high school years. I kinda screwed things up for all of you younger people. Most of the counsel that you got prior to CA's and DC's were because of my generation "ripping it up."

We would have parties in our hotel rooms. We had an Assembly Hall in Michigan that had the drinking age at 18 then, we went up to go clubbin'. I had a fast car and would go racing with JW friends and locals. The elders didn't give a sh!t back then.

After '75 things really started to suck. The microscopes came out. They sucked the little bit of fun we had out of existance.

Things weren't good, but better than your gen or now.

JK

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Baptized in the Borg in 1972. Does that count? LOL

• JH
    JH

Those were bad years, bad wine

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Yes JK666 :) Our KH had it's own youth rock band! It too broke up after '75.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I was born in 1975!

• JeffT
    JeffT

IMO ithinkisee nailed it. That describes my wife and I exactly we did the counter culture anti-war thing in the sixties and were assimilated by the borg in 1973.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Just thinking about this, for those of us who are from the 1975 the world is going to end generation! I used to hear that the world would end before I was in middle school, don't plan on seeing high school, the new system is so close, well don't make any plans for graduation, the new system of things will be here before that, we grew up waiting for the world to die. SUCKS!! we are the armageddon generation!

• exwitless
    exwitless

I'm 33. Wasn't born in da troof. Joined at age 18 of my own stupid free will. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid...

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

yeah. I'm 1974 and my parents were the total ex-hippies looking for a counter culture group that the wits seemed to fill.

such was my life......

• JK666
    JK666

WorldyAndre,

I was told that I would never graduate High School! I graduated in 1974! It took me until 2006 to get my BS degree. What a waste.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit