LOL @ 1972-1974

by IP_SEC 32 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

There are a lot of us on here in the 32-34 age range. Why? 1972-1974 was some bad years for kiddos born in the borg huh?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yep!

LOL!

Dec. 11, 1972

• done4good
    done4good

2/9/73 - Wasn't exactly "born-in" though. My mother started studying with the witlesses in 1978.

j

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

2/18/73

I think it has to to with the post-hippie/post-flowerchild era.

Most of our parents were casual supporters or full-blown supporters of that movement. When if became clear in the early 70's that their idealistic eutopia was not realistic people began looking for other movements. The JWs were clearly counterculture (anti-mainstream religion) but still had the Christian elements they were familiar with.

Like Done4Good, my mom became a witness in the late 70's

My two-cents

-ithinkisee

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My mother was 2nd generation.

My father was 3rd generation.

• cab1000
    cab1000

alt

1976, close enough...

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

It's time for our mid-life crisis' to begin. :D Where's my little red convertible?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ahh itis and done4, my Aquarian little brothers

itis

The JWs were clearly counterculture (anti-mainstream religion) but still had the Christian elements they were familiar with.

Yes, I've thought of this a lot. I think I started a thread about it sometime back.

TennAng How you been!?

cab.... should we let him join the club?

nvr... mind if I one up you? naw lol

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

You all were supposed to be Armageddon babies! Fortunately for you, Jehovah saw fit to cancel his 1975 Armageddon reservation, even though He had already providentially revealed that date to his only chosen people on earth.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Young enough to be part of the Information Age.

Old enough to understand why our parents can't retire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit