Music Fans!! Once again I Ask, What's Your Top 10 Favorite Albums?

by flipper 80 Replies latest jw friends

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    Wishbone Ash Argus deserves to be on my list as well and Edgar Winter's White Trash.

Wore out my 8 track playing "Rock N Roll Hoochie Koo", "Free Ride" and "Frankenstein"

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Mr. Flipper: Quite the question. Because an album is such an interesting critter. I don't have to love the band, or find the perfect single song, I have to look at the album as a unique entity and see it in its own light as a whole...

These are what I put on when I want to listen to an album, and of ourse they are reflective of my personal taste and my age...:

Beatles - Revolver - to me, the breakout creative album that assured them immortality, full realization of glimpses that came before

Boston - debut - superlative arranging and musicianship...with but one exception, every track a gem

Thomas Dolby - Golden Age of Wireless - extremely cohesive album with vibrant writing and arranging

Foreigner - debut - each track clearly related and easily identified as coming from the same album, yet maintaining an air of suspense

Heart - Dreamboat Annie - a wave of emotions throughout, subtly strung together

Howard Jones - Dream Into Action - carries through a perfect vision

Kansas - Point of Know Return - a tough call over Leftoverture, but this one has a certain refined writing and smoothed engineering

Gary Numan - Pleasure Principle - all time favorite album, completely cohesive without being entirely repetitive

Queen - Night at the Opera - the first full articulation of their artistry, balancing avant garde with pop sensibility throughout

Jimmie Spheeris - Isle of View - extraordinary, a high mark for its genre, unique guitar tunings being just one thread that holds it together

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

...and boy I would include a lot of what other people have posted if the list were like top 25 or 50...!

• The Finger
    The Finger

Sgt Pepper, Dark Side of the Moon, Look at yourself, Trick of the tail, Black Sabbath Vol 4, Argus, Machine Head Deep purple, Day at the Races, Night at the Opera, Relayer, No Angel.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Gary Numan - Pleasure Principle - all time favorite album, completely cohesive without being entirely repetitive

I forgot about this album! Very dope album, he was way ahead of his time. I never realized how many rappers had sampled his stuff either. I always thought he was a one hit wonder with "Cars", but his discography is pretty stellar with Pleasure Principle being thee must have.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    i spent a lot of time this weekend playing keyboard rockband3 for the wii: war, freebird, china grove doobies. I'm totally addicted now. I would highly recommend it if you havn't tried it....

RockBand3 rocks!!! I'm a singer.

Think About It

• The Finger
    The Finger

We played Black Sabbath Volume 4 and others at the Kingdom Hall over the sound system on our pioneer lunch breaks.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Axis Bold As Love by Jimi Henrix

Toulouse Street by the Doobie Brothers

Diamond Girl by Seals and Croft

Razamanaz by Nazereth

Tea For the Tillerman by Cat Stevens

Buddah and Chocolate Box by Cat Stevens

Mudslide Slim and the Blue Horizon by James Taylor

On the Theshold of a Dream The Moody Blues

Derek and the Dominoes Layla

2012 Rush

Relayer Yes

Tommy and Quadraphenia by The Who

Souvenirs Dan Fogelberg

Tapestry by Carol King

Court and Spark by Joni Mitchell

Will The Circle Be Unbroken by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Friends

Neil Young (eponymous) and Harvest also Decade by Neil Young

Demons and Wizards and Sweet Freedom Uriah Heep

Eat a Peach by the Allman Brothers

James Gang Rides Again james gang

Ram by Paul McCartney

Magical Mystery Tour & Abbey Road by the Beatles.

REM Eponymous and Out of Time

Cosmic Thing b-52's

So many good LP's. So little time.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hot and Nasty by Humble Pie

Made in Japan by Deep Purple

Mott the Hoople Live 1974

Frampton Comes Alive Peter Frampton

Medusa by Trapeze

• The Finger
    The Finger