Please welcome my wife to the JWD

by Paralipomenon 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

This has been an interesting week.

Early in the week my wife started corresponding with one of her old friends. He is no longer a witness and while I'm not sure what the catalyst was they started talking about why he left the witnesses.

As I understand, both he and his wife were abused as witness children. In fact her friend took the elder to court and I believe he was successful. Since then he has been very involved in the Silent Lambs movement. He mentioned that he offers himself as a witness in cases about abuse in the witness work.

My wife came up to me and asked "are you familiar with 'Silent Lambs'" Immediately it sounded familiar, but I didn't make the connection right away since it was coming from my wife.

When 1+1 finally connected in my brain I asked where she heard that and she told me the whole story.

I had told her previously about the major settlement and showed her the link on silentlambs so she would know what her friend was talking about. Figuring that if he was present there, he might post here as well, I asked her to see if he knew about "JWD". I figured that would be a good term that he'd recognize and was nebulous enough that my wife could maintain an arms length distance of the ex-witness activities.

Well getting home today she tells me that she was reading some of the threads I had been talking about, and I was wondering which threads. (We are both part of alot of online communities together) She starts describing some of the topics HERE.

Okay, apparently the smart little cookie must have googled the term "JWD" and found the forums and signed up. I'm not sure what her user name is, or if she even intends to post. But she's at least watching.

She is still an active witness trying to reconcile some of the discrepancies in the teachings. I know how unforgiving some posters can be on people that maintain any sort of belief in the witnesses, but I beg you please not to attack her.

So, hi to my wife if you read this. Read, enjoy and remember that religion has never been a factor in my love for you.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

That is great Para.....and hi Para's wife!!

• fifi40
    fifi40

God I hope it isnt Rosalee

I reckon she is from Canada due to a comment she just made Parp

She has been getting a bit of an ear bashing over the last few days.........please tell me its not

Anyways welcome Parp's (I cant spell the rest of it) wife........whoever you are

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Welcome!! I have a feeling you two will be having a lot of deep conversations for a while. It feels good to have someone to talk to about beliefs and such! We are here too, so don't leave us out!

• Scully
    Scully

Welcome, Mrs P!

Enjoy your visits here!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, that's delightful! The anonymity of the web can create some interesting conundrums, yes?

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi Paralipomenon's wife!!!

Come out, Come out, wherever you are!!

CyrusThePersian

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

This is great news Para!

Welcome Para's wife!

Glad to have you here!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

para's wife- welcome to JWD. If you are Rosalee then I must say you have stood your ground courageously and fought valiantly.

• free2think
    free2think

That's really great Para.

Welcome Para's wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit