DO NOT CONTINUE SENDING EMAILS TO ME OR ATTEMPT TO CONTACT ME OR MY FAMILY.

by esw1966 55 Replies latest jw friends

• RAF
    RAF

...... ...I guess this is what you need right now - esw1966

take care of yourself, and those who are not closed-mind (brain-dead) ... and who knows tomorrow is an other day (they might wake up earlier than its seems possible by now - they are responsibe after all) ...

Some people just don't know what they are loosing / missing : true love

But you have to protect your kids : with true love and INFORMATION from all sides (to compare)

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

This is a heartbreaking topic--enforced shunning of family members that has a devastating effect on those being so abused. I am so sorry that you are being treated this way by your family.

I think I remember from your previous posts that you have a personal relationship with Jesus since leaving the cult so I'm going to asasume that you really want to respond in a Christ-like and loving way. So you need to search the scriptures and see what biblical principles apply in this situation. Ask yourself that popular question: What would Jesus do? Look to the Greek scriptures to help you decide on the best approach, remembering that Christ taught about loving our enemies, blessing those who curse us, turning the other cheek, etc. Also Proverbs 15:1: a gentle answer turns away wrath, a harsh word stirs up anger. Or as one commentator says: "A right cause will be better pleaded with meekness than with passion. Nothing stirs up anger like grievous words"

This also means that, whether or not you choose to respond to this last email, you need a forgiving heart towards those who are treating you so badly. Remember that they have been blinded and deceived, and they need to be set free. Only by the grace of God have your eyes been opened. Finally, pray, pray, pray for your family! Nothing is impossible with Him.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Are you willing to say that this is somewhere near the norm among JWs? Were these JWs obeying orders from headquarters, or were they showing laxity in their obedience? If an elder or other "faithful" JW caught them speaking with you, what do you think would have happened to them? I think you are pointing us to JWs who are weak in meeting attendance and field service, not to the type we are discussing -- the type who appear to be "basically fanatical" as JWs.

They were showing laxity in their obedience. Many people do this. This person I was talking about has been an elder now for about 15 years. I was a "basically fanatical" JW for much of the time I was in the Organization yet I had my moments of doubt. When people are all alone and feel they are not being watched they sometimes do things they would never do in front of others. An example, when I was at Brooklyn Bethel in the 70s there was an "apostate" named Phil Norris who'd stand out front of 124 Columbia Heights shouting angry words directed against Knorr. We all ignored him. He shouted out he had a magazine called "The Bible's View" which no one would take. One day later I was walking down Clark St by myself and I saw a copy of his little magazine slipped into a windshield of a parked car. No one was around. My curiosity overpowered me and I actually took it and leafed through it.

My mother-in-law was a "basically fanatical JW" who auxiliary pioneered several times a year. When I left the Organization she told my wife (who remained a JW) to tell me I was cut off from association with her. About 8 years later we had our first child and I offered to pay my mother-in-law's way down to spend a couple of weeks with my wife and our newborn son. She accepted and stayed with us for 3 weeks. We worked out a truce not to discuss religion and we eventually restored a somewhat normal son-in-law, mother-in-law relationship again.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I just read this other recent thread about JWs who have doubts:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/138780/1.ashx

Some people may never show doubts but others do. Some may never respond to a friendly "hello" in a grocery store and some might. You just never know. How to respond to being shunned is a personal decision. I decided I was not going to play by their rules and when I could I would show them I still treasured the memories of our previous friendships. Sure, I've been rebuffed at times but there are those situations like I've described above where I was not.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You can choose your friends but not your relatives.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Frank

Excellent post!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit