DO NOT CONTINUE SENDING EMAILS TO ME OR ATTEMPT TO CONTACT ME OR MY FAMILY.

by esw1966 55 Replies latest jw friends

• esw1966
    esw1966

Isn't it 'nice' to finally get letters from home!?????

This is the entire letter written to me by my sister:

"DO NOT CONTINUE SENDING EMAILS TO ME OR ATTEMPT TO CONTACT ME OR MY FAMILY."

Her husband is an elder. They are basically fanatical jdubs.

I have written her for over a year now and I finally got my first letter from her!

Isn't it funny how they call bad - good and can view the above response as being Godly?

Any thoughts on how I should respond to such 'love'?

• Highlander
    Highlander

This brings to mind the movie. Shawshank Redemption. Tim Robbins plays the character Andy dufre(sp?) who wrote letters once per week to a government agency in an attempt to get funding for a prison library of which he was an inmate. They finally responded after a few years and gave him a nominal amount of money hoping to close the matter of funding his library.

His response? He proceeded to write two letters per week.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You forgot to include the letter..There is nothing to respond to...OUTLAW

• Gregor
    Gregor

You must respond with dead silence and get on with your life. Period. No last words, no contact of any kind. It may be tough but it really is your only option.

• watson
    watson

"NO PROBLEMO,

YOUR BRO, 1966."

"PS Have you seen 'Transformers' yet?"

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Write her and mail it from another town, while traveling. In it just write: Heh, heh.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Do they have children? Order gifts for the children and have them delivered anonymously over the period of a few months. Perhaps you can have the company put in a note saying the item is a "gift from someone who loves you" or something similar. After a few months of this, send a post card and say something to the effect that you apologize for anything you may have said that may have offended them and that you've only had the best in mind for them and the children and ask if the children have received the gifts you had ordered for them?

It may not restore the communication but it might let them know you do want the best for their family. Just an idea.

• JeffT
    JeffT

So what's her e-mail? We'll all write her for you.

• R.F.
    R.F.
    Any thoughts on how I should respond to such 'love'?

Don't

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

You must respond with dead silence and get on with your life. Period. No last words, no contact of any kind. It may be tough but it really is your only option.
    I agree with this 100%. Like cowering little puppets, JWs are scared to death about receiving mail from "apostates." When I didn't know any better, shortly after I left JWs, I sent a brief message to someone as close as a relative, and like a good JW she returned the envelope with the following message written on it: "We don't accept junk mail at this house." JWs are extremely childish, but I think the Christian (and loving) thing is to respect her wishes and not send any message at all. Let's face it: She won't read anything you send, anyway. So what's the point of wasting time even thinking about what to write?

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit