letter from my parents

by thebiggestlie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

Nicholas,
    Just want you to know how much dad and I love you. We love you so much that we don’t ever want anything bad to happen to you. We know that this is a difficult time for you. You want…need independence yet you are inexperienced. You have doubts about the truth but we believe that in your heart you know it is. We know it is difficult to live by especially if you are drawn to the world We know that you are lonely and want friends but worldy ones are not the answer. You scared us when you left with them in the car and even though you were ok then that doesn’t mean you will be in the future. Your going to be 18 soon and you will soon be held accountable to the law and worldly people can get you to do things that you might not normally do. Peer preasure can be very strong and it might not even mean that you are doing anything wrong but merely that you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Even if nothing like that should happen you have been taught all your life about bad associations. NICHOLAS PLEASE DON’T THROW AWAY YOUR SPIRITUAL HERITAGE! Remember all who love you. (list names of friends and relatives) and especially Jehovah, give them a chance! Set spiritual goals for yourself (pioneering) study praying mediation will help you reach these goals We will help you all you need. Reach out to the friends at the hall! “ quotes 3 john:4) It might be hard but pray and rely on Jehovah. Talk to us and tell us how you feel. Write down your feelings We love you so much!

Always,
    Mom and Dad

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Write down your feelings We love you so much!

This cult is too legalistic for anyone to put their opinion or feelings in writing.

Stay the course my friend. They do love you, but are misguided and attempting to guilt you into their agenda. Follow their advice about goals, just make sure they are your goals(spiritual or otherwise) and not theirs.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Did you move out? Ask them if dub kids are "real" friends if they'll drop you as soon as you speak your mind.

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

i intend to respond to this letter with a letter of my own explaining how i actually feel as painful as it may be for them but i need help writing that letter any ideas? i know the consequences of taking such an action and i am prepared to face them. Dont try to persuade me otherwise. But this has got me distraught and torn. Torn between truth and torn between my family and there love despite how misled and warped they may be....sigh

i dont know what to think

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

no i did not move out....they placed the letter on my bed and i got it when i got home....

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

no i did not move out....they placed the letter on my bed and i got it when i got home....

• esw1966
    esw1966
    Stay the course my friend. They do love you, but are misguided and attempting to guilt you into their agenda. Follow their advice about goals, just make sure they are your goals(spiritual or otherwise) and not theirs.

I agree. It is great to hear that your parents love you, care for you, and want the best for you. Unfortunately, they are deceived by men.

Be smart. Choose your friends and your actions wisely. Don't be sucked back in by guilt to a group dominated by man to their own injury.

My experience after 30 years of jw is that they are flat wrong in their religious beliefs. There is something much better out there. But remember that life is full of decisions and you will have to answer for the decisions you make. In your gaining independance from a cult, do not make wrong decisions that will hurt your future and give the jdubs a way to say 'I told you so.'

I have always found that by playing the moral high road with jdubs, they will always play the low road. I say, beat 'em with kindness and do good and you will prevail.

The crazy thing about their 'love and interest' for you now is that in a moment it can all turn to silence and shunning and anger and hatred. They are very fickle. Their conduct exposes their heart and motivation. It has nothing to do with God.

Good luck! Hang in there! Follow your heart and your gut. Do good.

Ethan

• changeling
    changeling

As a mom I feel their pain. As someone who has seen the "truth" for what it is I see how totally deceived they are. They are sincere and they do love you, but they are blind.

It's sad that they are so fearful of what may happen to you in the company of wordly friends. They obviously don't have a clue what things "good witness kids" are up to these days.

My advice to you would be to continue to love and respect your parents. You will be 18 soon and will be able to make more desicions for yourself. Make good desicions. Don't just say: woo hoo, I'm 18, I can do whatever I wish! Get and education, pick friends that compliment your personality, be responsible, grow, learn.

Show your parents by your actions that you have made the right choice for you. You will make them proud even if they never say so.

changeling

• esw1966
    esw1966

I think that you know what you need to write. I find that most times I am overwelmned with words and I can never stop writing.

Tell them the truth. Tell them you love them and that you are not leaving them, but that you do not agree with 'their truth'. That just because you do not believe as they do that you are not leaving them. That you will always be there for them, but there is a road that YOU must follow and it does not follow theirs at this time.

That true love is long suffering and selfless and that you hope that they are able to show that love during this time toward you. That you will always show it to them despite your seeking your own truth and your own journey.

Your words will be best. Give them the truth. Ask them to respect your views as you respect theirs. Ask to be able to disagree without being disagreeable. That even though you don't see eye to eye on everything that they will be able to show you real love as described in the Bible.

Good luck!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Were you baptized? First of all the fact that your parents are writing you a letter and not putting the boom stick down on you is a good sign. It means that if you move out your probably still going to have a somewhat stable relationship. Two options in situations like these, just tell the truth but be sure to emphasize that YOU have to make a decision for YOURSELF. Make the issue a "free will" issue. Most open minded JW's take this approach really well. If you can make them think you are doing it because they have inculcated free will to choose it gives them somewhat of a guilty conscious and they have a hard time being angry at you, because after all your only doing what all JW's teach, making the decision on your own. Other thing you can do is just lie your teeth out. Or if this is the case be honest. Just tell them your having a faith issue. Say you prayed to Jehovah all night so much so that you began to cry. Everything in your heart tells you being a JW just isn't for you. Buy a few good Bible commentaries just to make it look more believable. Have arguments with them but try to do it in a non face to face. The best way a JW will trap you is by not giving you enough time to refute what they say. The best is the praying part. If your really true of heart a JW never knows what to say when you say that to them. It's like it blows there mind. Open JW's will usually have even more pity on you for this. Give em hell boy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit