WT - 8/15/07 - We're making history

by Bonnie_Clyde 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Of course dubs will swallow that bit of unsupported premise as if it were from the mouth of God. No further thinking needed.

Of course, that is the point, isn't it?

Jeff

• Marcel
    Marcel

i want a bigmac now :/

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Ya......I remember another group who also believed in unity at all costs. I wonder if that means they also had Jehovah's blessing.
    Mary - that picture hit me real hard. The organization is so much like the Nazis. I can't believe I swallowed the Koolaid for over 40 years.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nearly 7 million? SEVEN MILLION????

I can only hope for some of those embarrassing articles about the UN involvement, the pedophile scandals, 607 BC, and the upcoming Kool-Aid Puketowers to all come out in Time magazine and on TV mainstream news programs. And I hope Nigeria ends up losing its corrupt government in time to prevent them from growing, and allowing entrepreneurs to get the Internet up and running with all possible speed in that country so that us apostates will be able to do major damage there.

Hopefully the Puketower Society will lose so much money through upcoming lawsuits that they will not be able to go on any further. I hope they get hurt worse than Michael Jackson did when he lost a lot of money on his legal troubles--the Puketower society's troubles and offenses are worse!

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

we are BORG -- lower your intellect, surrender your will.... you financial and physical resources will be made to service us.

only through the collective mind can you reach perfection

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I want a big mac too!! I think I'll go get an Egg McMuffin, and coffee The McCoffee is pretty good now, not like before, before it used to make my stomach turn

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    The only ones who are united are the ones at the bottom of the heap and they're just united in having been 'had' by one of the biggest enduring cons in history!!

How true!

• JK666
    JK666

They achieve unity the same way that Pol Pot did in Cambodia. Just kill all disidents and those with a brain.(or DF them in the JW case) JK

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Every Kingdom Hall is divided....between the approved and not-so-approved. I see it in their eyes; should they associate, can they invite me out? I hear it in the public talks; they are to be cautious even with their fellow brothers and sisters. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Exactly.

JWs always mistake conformity for unity. Just because your organization studies the same books every week doesn't mean that your are the best example of Christian unity.

It is a fake unity, one that can only exisist because of a strict enforcement of rules. Members who do not conform are cast outside.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "Their unity is the most pronounced and enduring in the history of the world, a unity exceeding anything experienced by Satan's subjects ."

This is cult propaganda to remind the members that there are only two group- Ours' and Satan's group.
    You should not be in Satan's group, so you should be in ours. There are many unified groups in the world,
    some exceedingly large, but the statement makes you think that they are divided into many groups. Just
    because the Mormons and the Muslims aren't unified with each other, they aren't in Satan's group. Just
    because the Hindus and the Amish don't agree with each other doesn't mean that their individual groups
    are not just as unified as JW's, perhaps moreso.

They are already nearly seven million strong, in at least 235 lands and in some 100,000 congregations. These millions have been learning the righteous and just ways of Jehovah, and as a result, worldwide they enjoy a unity that is cemented by Christian love.

This is just cult propaganda to make JW's think about how they are still expanding. The leaders are not
    ready to admit it is difficult to expand as they are cutting back, so they just make the members think they
    are expanding. I imagine the "members only" mags will offer bigger exaggerations to keep the members
    thinking how well they are doing. I imagine the "growth" numbers will be kept out of the public mag.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit