I know it's only a discussion forum...

by nvrgnbk 57 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm bttting this in response to the "What the hell is wrong with JWD?" thread.

I'm certain that that thread was posted with only good intentions.

But this place has helped alot of us in important ways.

That it gets "weird" at times just means we're all a little weird.

What does that word really mean anyway?

LOL!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

It keeps me at home in front of the computer instead of out chasing whor...oh wait a minute...that's an old problem. See, I used to be schitzophrenic, but we're ok now.

Thanks JWD!!!

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

It helped me see I wasn't the only one with doubts about an organization that professes to be divinely inspired. That is a pretty difficlut thing when you have grown up and surrounded by family and friends all your life who are JW's. And not only JW's but missionaries elders pioneers co's bethelites.....Seriously I have questioned my own sanity because I just don't BELIEVE....And to this say after a family outing with everyone speaking about how the new system is right around the corner, I find great comfort in opening this forum and realizing I'm not nuts. THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't put a price on peace of mind.....

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    You can't put a price on peace of mind.....

Feels light, doesn't it?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The last three times I went to the dentist I didn't have any cavitites.

Rub a Dub

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Over the last couple of years these boards (this one and several others) have helped validate some of the issues we all seem to face as well as give me perspective of my personal experiences and those of others. Initially they helped provide much needed support, processing and education around the borg, now they still offer new insights but are primarily a social endeavor for me. I really enjoy having the opportunity to interact with such a diverse and colorful community.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The last three times I went to the dentist I didn't have any cavitites.

Rub a Dub

Rub a Dub was not paid for this endorsement.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

JWD has allowed me to poke a hole in the hot air balloons known as the Governing Body. They had convinced me that I was worthless simply because I didn't feel right being a part of their religion. Seeing how other people have made the same decision I made, for the same reasons I made it, and have moved on and prospered has been invaluable to me. I'm not one to kiss butt, but thank you Simon, the moderators, and all those who come here to share their story and heal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit