DRUNKENESS AND ALCOHOL IN THE CONGREGATIONS

by badboy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I also noticed they tended to 'overindulge' at wedding receptions and elsewhere. But, at a wedding reception it is more acceptable, I guess as long as you are somewhat sober when it is time to leave and are not the designated driver.

I am not surprised at the misuse of alcohol. What other drug of choice do they have???

LHG

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Pretty much all of my old dub friends were hardcore boozers, and all were "reaching out for privileges in the congregation". Camping was even more bizarre then the usual obsessive weekend binge drinking. There were plenty of pioneers in that little clique and they all had the attitude that "what happens when camping, stays camping". The copious amounts of liquor consumed would make a regular person retch with nausea at the thought of drinking it all in a weekend. When everyone got back home it was regular dub life as usual.

GBL

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My parents (both jws) have enough booze in the house to stock a small bar. I have one bottle of wine and a mostly gone bottle of Khalua. My mother used to drive around town with a glass of volka or scotch on the rock, I know this cuz she would do it with me in the car. I don't know if she still does that but I wouldn't put it pass her.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Back in the 70's most of the witnoid elders that I remember liked to drink. I only remember maybe 2 witnoid females that didnt drink. I hardly if ever drink nowadays but when I was in the troof, I drank a 6 pack of beer every night and whiskey beer and wine on the weekend.

To be fair, I know younger people 20's - 30's that drink a lot. People are naturally miserable. We self medicate. And those who have the gold and make the rule. Seagrams and the Busch family want us to drink to medicate, they dont want us smoking herbs.

How can you tell the difference between a baptist and a pentacosal?

The baptist will say hello to you in the liquor store. The pentacostal wont.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I remember one year when I was still in..

A pioneer.. (of age) brought alcohol to this party some of the younger ones in the area were having.. A few of the kids got tipsy.. there were quite a few there..

The pioneer did not get any kind of punishment.. Other kids who were less "popular/from a less important family/ etc" received public reproof... one couple's wedding was canceled from the hall that was coming up..

all from one night 'mistake'..

• badboy
    badboy

bttt

• besty
    besty

1 - I know of a current serving PO who is borderline alcoholic and has been drunk and disorderly on holiday on a regular basis - lets call him Besty - .......no really....:-)

2 - I have heard that Utah is the Prozac capital of the USA

3 - and three.......b*gger - I have a had bottle of wine tonight and can't remember what point 3 is....:-/

Cheers!

Besty <of the happy clinker class>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit