you can't count to infinity...

by return visitor 24 Replies latest jw friends

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

My urge to use my math minor and argue in this thread is tempered by my transcendent appreciation of the Divine Engineer.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Did you know...

We can thank mathematician John Wallis for deciding on the symbol for infinity?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Anything is possible. God is possible.

Everything is not probable. Pigs flying are not probalbe.

If God exhist. He could be called the cosmic Joker.

If you want to deal with mathematical impossiblilites. Start with evolution. We had to come from somewhere or something. And evolution doesnt add up.

As far as I know you can shock the shxt out of a bunch of sea water with electricity for the rest of your life and no life is going to come crawling out of it. This aint rocket science. The scientific method doesnt support evolution.

Tale a box of nuts and bolts and shake them for the rest of your days and they will never be a clock, or a car they probably wont even thread themselves.

Their might not be a biblical God. But we might be god, conciousness, having human experiences.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I'm going to have to go with god doesn't exist. Though I do believe that a lot of JWs would make the point that the concept of eternity is simply too advanced for our human minds to grasp.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

And this is why you cannot rule out evolution just because the odds are ridiculously long against it. This is what the Creation book does--that book uses non-sequitors to prove that evolution cannot happen. However, when you have an infinite number of chances to get it right, it is going to happen. And all it takes is for one civilization to reach the point of controling the whole cosmos, and they can guide the process along. With an infinite number of chances, it is certain to happen.

You dont have an infinite number of chances for it to happen when you consider the decay of the sun and the distance of the sun from the earth. You have a very limited time for the earth to be hospitable for evolution and life. If evolution was mathematically or scientifically probable in my mind. I would be all for it. You have to consider all the data. You are not considering decay of the sun and distance from the earth in the mathematical equation. Ok so your not saying its earth as the one civilization but some other civilization in the universe and they are guiding it along hence they are the Gods. I'll buy that posibility. The chariot of the Gods. Nah I still cant buy it. You can shock the shxt out of seawater for your lifetime and noting is going to crawl out of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit