I am looking for woman for dating and marriage!

by DavinJohnson 100 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Again, my question would be why? They are still human. Just because we don't agree with what they do or feel doesn't mean they don't have a heart. My parents are "in" because they believe it. Just because they are JW's doesn't mean it gives us the right to attack their souls.

Your kidding right? If you'd have read what I wrote in no way did I implicate that the poster who started this thread (as of yet never to return) didn't have a heart, nor did I attack anyones' soul. I do believe that anyone can make a judgement call as to weather or not they would want to date or marry someone wrapped up in the religion still-

Playing devils advocate; what if a JW comes here with a few questions (in their mind) and they are pushed futher into their beliefs because of the untactful way we handle things?

If that person is solely here to score a woman then I can say in my opinion, I'm not so concerned about them being "pushed further into their beliefs" (which again is only specualtion since this person only posted this one post and not one single thing more). Besides everyone here is different, I just love it when someone comes along telling everyone how they should be. Everyone needs to stop trying to moderate everyone else on here. We already have JWD mods for that. let people be themselves for gods sake we are out of this cult, no one is ever going to make me be someone I'm not because they feel everyone should "play nice on the playground". I didn't see anyone being outright rude to the poster who started this thread and if they overstepped the "rules" of this board I'm sure it would have been taken care of. EVERYONE should have a right to their opinion.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Besides everyone here is different, I just love it when someone comes along telling everyone how they should be.

Yes, everyone is different, I agree. I try my best to not step on anyones toes here. And I try not to tell others how they should be. And I'm not attacking you. I just think people on this thread and other threads get a bit carried away sometimes.

Everyone needs to stop trying to moderate everyone else on here.

I'm not trying to moderate anyone...that's too big of a chore that I wouldn't want. I'm just stating my opinion.

let people be themselves for gods sake we are out of this cult,

People can be who they are...but really...if you think about it, would most people on this forum talk to a person face to face like that? From what I know of many on here, they wouldn't. Many are very respectable ones on here. So why say negative comments to a person on here that you may face one day?

I didn't see anyone being outright rude to the poster who started this thread and if they overstepped the "rules" of this board I'm sure it would have been taken care of.

You're absolutely right...but what about etiquettes?

EVERYONE should have a right to their opinion.

I agree...but to what expense.

Listen, I have nothing against you or anyone on this forum. I love all of you. Sometimes things hit me the wrong way, maybe my bad...but in my opinion, whether this is a fake person or not we should still try to show some kindness...this is in my humble opinion.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I understand how you feel FreedomFrog but just so you know most of my posts were strictly sarcasm.
    For the record though, I would never "pursue a relationship" with an active JW.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Never say never. ha ha

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Junction-Guy

Thanks for saying what you did the way you did.

~Merry

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Here's my take as a woman:

If this person is serious, my blood is boiling! I am sooooooo over the JW mentality. If this guy thinks he can show up and announce like he's Tarzan---me man, me want woman, you know what he can do with that attitude. Does he think he can just snap his fingers and all women bow at his feet????????

Most dating sites have profiles to fill out and then you can post. I've got to believe that he read some on the site first before posting and so I feel this is a troll. With that in mind, I think the answers were mild.

Again, this is just one opinion...think of it what you wish!

Swalker

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Try to see it from the other side, there are literally hundreds of people on here who are recently divorced and lonely, some may not even have the luxury of having a family-due to shunning, they are really alone.

When you poke fun of this guys lonelines it's kinda like a jab at the rest of us.

If you are happy, and in a successful relationship, that's fine, but realize that this cult has screwed up so many other families and relationships, it has left alot of us alone and lonely.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

If an unknown thinks he can show up on a forum and make an anoucement like that:

I am looking for woman for dating and marriage!

and get honest answers, then he needed a wake up call. And please please don't let him go in a topless bar, he'll leave broke.

lisa

• John Doe
    John Doe

You women are just upset that he didn't pm you personally. ;-)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

folks,

this dude started two identical threads and nothing since. It has all the signs of Spam. It's like those highly laughable pleadings for money from Nigeria. Given the email addy he's inviting people to use, I'd have to urge caution.

Thread's locked. Let's see if 'he' reappears!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit