You Must Push, Push, Push To Accomplish More, More, More

by The wanderer 37 Replies latest jw friends

• golf2
    golf2

Right on! An insidious ploy to keep us religiously captive.

Golf

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

As a JW I felt guilty for relaxing or having fun. I didn't study my lesson for tonight, I should be getting caught up on my magazines, I should read the YearBook instead of this "worldly" book, I should be working on a better FS presentation, why am I watching TV when I could be "studying"...and on and on.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Rich:

Even if this were the "true" religion this would be bad enough. But, after finding out about the hidden past and changed teachings and the deceptions, the laugh is on us for having done all this. I, myself, could not really do much because of my circumstances of working full time. So, I early on realized that whatever I did would never be enough. I contented myself with the little that I did, if it was regular. So, I was never really wracked with that much guilt seeing that I was damned no matter what I did. They also had the nerve to say that it is 'satan who complicates our lives' and how this load is 'light'. Yeah, light like a load of bricks.

How I hate these unaccountable bastards playing fast and loose with everybodys lives and telling everybody to chase their tails!

LHG

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Brigid:

"It's so good to be free, isn't it?

~B."

I am with you 100%

Respectfully,

Richard

(The Wanderer)

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

If your pushing that hard, sounds like you need more fiber in your diet

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Mary, I also calculated the amount of time I actually spent as a publisher who did everything suggested by the society that a "spiritually strong" publisher would do and it worked out to exactly 20 hours per week total. The equivalent to a part time job! To full time mothers or those who are employed full time that is a huge time commitment! Add up the time commitment for auxiliary pioneers, regular pioneers, MS and elders and it is probably double that at least! Eye opening when one does the math! Cog

• Quandry
    Quandry

having 4 kids and part time jobs and still being able to dedicate 90 hrs a month to Jehovah.

Yes, these kinds of things used to get me, even when a dub. I would think, how can a mother really enjoy her children, keep her home clean, read to the kids, and have any rest if she works part time, and pioneers? I always thought of the children wanting mom's love and attention but mom was too busy knocking on doors of others.

When I was young and before I had a child, there was a pioneer who would drag her kids out in service. One was on her back in a carrier, and the others by the hand. They had no TV as that would take time away from spiritual things. Never had money. I wonder how the poor father is doing now. He was cleaning floors at night and looked tired then. That was 15 years ago at least.

These things are said by men who have no children and do not know the need for a mother's attention that a child has.

When the kids are grown she will look back and wish she had spent more time with them.

Guilt? Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!

• Casper
    Casper

This was one of the things that drove me away. Everytime I heard it from the platform, or readit in a magazine... I could just feel the guilt build up in me. I "WAS" trying to do my best. That guilt eventually turned into resentment and then into Hate... I thought, how can I sit here in the KH and feel such things. But I did. Had a Shepherding call once, where I asked the Elder about the constant "Do More" guilt trip.. He just hung his head and said... " I know, I know...just never ends does it"... That really touched me... to know he also felt the same. I often wonder what ever became of him...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit