You Must Push, Push, Push To Accomplish More, More, More

by The wanderer 37 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

You Must Push, Push, Push To Accomplish More, More, More

One of the major reasons in leaving the organization was the pressure exerted on the individual
    in the congregation. It always seemed as if your best was never good enough and more could
    be done and more was expected.

The Guilt Complex

I t produced a major guilt complex within me and I found myself becoming less joyful
    about meetings and field service because my best was just never good enough.

Question: Did you feel there was allot of pressure to “push, push, push to do more, more, more?”

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• deaconbluez
  • JK666
    JK666

Bull bull bull, shite shite shite!

JK

• flipper
    flipper

Wanderer, yes indeed it put a lot of pressure on all of us. I remember being raised in the org. being told by my elder father quoting Jesus Christ," remember when after going in service remember Jesus said,"We are good for nothing slaves, what we have done is what we ought to have done." So him telling me that made me feel I could never do enough! It's like, why bother reaching out for pioneering, ministerial servant or elder, because once you've attained that, well you still can't be satisfied! Gawd, they had weird thinking, glad I'm free and out! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Even Jesus and the Apostles took time out.

• Arthur
    Arthur

All cultic groups are "works" oriented, and performance-based theologies. Their God sits up in heaven with a giant chalk-board where he continuously marks down tally marks under your name. Watch an "R" rated movie, and he erases one of the tally marks. Auxiliary pioneer for the month, and he adds one. And so the game continues.

In these groups, the masses are kept in unity by making them believe that God is just a giant Hall Monitor up in the sky who passes out merits and demerits. It only makes sense that the leadership of such groups would personify the very God concept they have. Judaizing God = Judaizing leadership.

I had begun to notice the organizations' fetish for numbers, statistics, figures, and percentages. It became more and more disheartening to know that one's spirituality, and standing with God could be so dependent upon the numbers that are turned in on a report slip. The "reporting prod" is a very powerful tool in exacting perfomance out of the membership.

I have said it many times. The Jehovah's Witnesses are a hybrid religion. They are a hybrid of first-century Judaism, and modern day multi-level marketing.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It is a cheap pulp publishing company and we were their salesforce. Thats the way business works in Amerika.

• tremoka
    tremoka

That's why I stopped going. It triggered depressive episodes for me. When I was inactive my life was calmer and happier. Everytime I went back that destructive cycle would begin again.

• journey-on
    journey-on

My current hubby, who's never been a witness, said one time that being a JW didn't sound that bad. What's 3 or 4 hours a week spent at church? Then I showed him:

Sun. 9:30 - 11:30 Public talk and Watchtower study

2:00 - 4:00 Field service

Mon. (sometime after work) -- Study for your Tues. nite book study, work on preparing any upcoming parts you may have been assigned.

Tues. 8:00 - 9:00 Book study

Wed. (sometime after work) -- Study for Thursday nite meetings and work on parts assigned.

Thurs. 7:30 - 9:30 -- Ministry School and Service Meeting

Sat. morning -- Field service, return visits.

Sat. evening -- Study for Sunday's Watchtower lesson

On top of all of the above, you should be conducting a one-hour Bible study with your family and holding Bible studies with interested persons. Also, if you are an elder, you will be making shepherding calls, preparing public talks, counseling weaker ones, and having elder's meetings.

And if you're not doing all of this, your conscience hurts you and you feel like you're spiritually weak. YOU JUST CAN'T WIN!!!

All he said was, "Damn! That's crazy!"

• eclipse
    eclipse

Yup, I cried silently at almost every watchtower study because I felt I was never was doing enough.

Damn, what a waste of tears and emotion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit