JW Kingdom Hall Target of Arson Fire

by kwr 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JK666
    JK666

What a shame, I am all out of marshmallows.

JK

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I swear I swear I didn't do it!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

SO unless two witnesses witness the teens running away the fire never happend right?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    SO unless two witnesses witness the teens running away the fire never happend right?

• brinjen
    brinjen

As I recall, I was around 8 years old when our kingdumb hall burned down, Sunday meeting was cancelled. alt I can still remember the expression on the sister's face who came to our house to tell us. She was so very, very disappointed. I was so very, very estatic!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Witnesses say they saw what appeared to be a couple of teens, dressed in black, running away from the area of the church, just after the fire broke out.

Ah yes, satanist-kids burning churches...a rather recent norwegian invention:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varg_Vikernes

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wasn't me!!!

• timetochange
    timetochange

Apparently no one was hurt, glad about that.

Arson is a cowardly act.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Burn baby Burn!!!!

• Arthur
    Arthur

Maybe a little off topic:

But I just got to thinking about the concept of "Mystical Manipulation" that is used by cultic groups - the using of supposed "miraculous" testimonials and experiences to convince members that God's blessing is excusively on that one group.

I can remember experiences related where individuals attempted to burn down Kingdom Halls, but by some turn of events, it didn't work; or in some cases, the fire could not be ignited. According to JWs, this is "obvious evidence of angelic protection". These kinds of experiences are related in the Yearbook all of the time. Yet, on this one single thread, I have heard of three separate incidents of Kingdom Halls being burned down. What gives?

Events such as these simply are not talked about at any length. All of the cases where Kingdom Halls and JWs were not protected from terrible acts of crime are not discussed in relation to the "miraculous" experiences. Because to do so would indicate that the angles had abandoned their post; and does not play into the use of Mystical Manipulation.

The truth is, good and bad things happen in all churches, and in all groups. There is no army of angels giving exclusive favor and protection to any one group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit