JW Kingdom Hall Target of Arson Fire

by kwr 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• kwr
    kwr

BOISE - Fire crews are investigating an arson fire that destroyed a Boise church overnight.

That fire happened at the Jehovah’s Witness church just off of Roosevelt and St. Andrews just after 2 a.m.

When crews arrived on scene, they found the building engulfed in flames, and say someone set the fire intentionally.

Witnesses say they saw what appeared to be a couple of teens, dressed in black, running away from the area of the church, just after the fire broke out.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-jul2207-church_fire.9f451092.html

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Witnesses say they saw what appeared to be a couple of teens, dressed in black, running away from the area of the church, just after the fire broke out.

How much you wanna bet that they are going to claim the teens seen running away were apostates?

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith
    Witnesses say they saw what appeared to be a couple of teens

Is that (Jehovah's) Witnesses, or just witnesses? That 'JW speak' never quite leaves your head!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

embedding the story in case the link dies after the next news cycle...comment to follow in next post

SnakesInTheTower ()

Arson fire destroys Jehovah's Witness church

09:06 AM MDT on Monday, July 23, 2007

Monique James
    Idaho's News Channel

Brian Van Pelt/KTVB

The ruins of a church after a fire early Sunday morning.

BOISE - Fire crews are investigating an arson fire that destroyed a Boise church overnight.

That fire happened at the Jehovah’s Witness church just off of Roosevelt and St. Andrews just after 2 a.m.

When crews arrived on scene, they found the building engulfed in flames, and say someone set the fire intentionally.

The fire triggered a large response – climbing to two alarms, and investigators think arson is involved.

One witness who did not want to be identified says she immediately called 9-1-1.

“We were coming down the street and we saw orange glow and flames coming from the roof,” the witness said. “We just waited down here and as we were coming down we saw, what looked like some kids running down the street.”

“We had some investigators out there,” Sgt. Randy Buzzini said. “They determined after the investigation this morning was done that one of the corners of the building was set on fire, we believe it was an intentional act and an act of arson."

Church officials had to cancel four planned Sunday morning services. Instead, leaders met to figure out how to pick up and move forward.

"We have a committee here that's working on rebuilding already and it wont be long and they'll have it organized and we'll start cleaning up and we'll start re-building," Don Whitlow of the South Congregation of Jehovah’s Witness said.

Worshippers say the church will be rebuilt and the congregation will continue to meet in a different location, but that doesn't take away the sense of loss.

"It's devastating to see something like this, to any religion, any congregation. It's devastating to anybody," Whitlow said.

Investigators will continue to process evidence they collected and interview neighbors until they get some answers.

“It's not something we take lightly, we are going to be investigating it here over the next several days and looking at possible witnesses,” Buzzini said.

Investigators say they do not believe the arson is targeted at the Jehovah’s Witness community, but rather a random act of vandalism.

If you have any information, call CrimeStoppers at 343-COPS.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Church officials had to cancel four planned Sunday morning services

Can I get a Hallelujah!

• erandir
    erandir
    "It's devastating to see something like this, to any religion, any congregation. It's devastating to anybody," Whitlow said.

Careful, there, Bubba, looks like you crossed the interfaith line there.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

some here may say "burn baby burn".. others are neutral and have no opinion....some, like myself, hate the wanton waste of a fire...yes, we all likely agree that Kingdumb Hells are a serious waste of real estate. The buildings sit empty 90% of the time. They serve no charitable or true educational purpose. Now the dubs will send all of that ruined material to a landfill...and they will build yet another, nicer Kingdumb Hell (much like a wack-a-mole game, they will keep sprouting up), and the average Joe or Jill Publisher will have their morale soar because now it is even nicer than the first. I don't know how old the old KH was, but still a waste of building materials.

Here's hoping that all Kingdumb Hells will be converted into day care centers or other useful places. Maybe a bar ......call it "The Kingdom Hall"...then when the old lady says, "Honey, where are you going?" he can honestly say, "Why, I'm going to The Kingdom Hall....be back in a couple of hours."

And as a side commentary, I hope they catch whoever did it. If the arsonists get away with it once, they will move on to more useful structures, like someone's house. And those are occupied a lot more often than a KH....someone could die. And as much as I dont like the religion, I still love (most) of the people.....we all (should) have humanity in common....

SnakesInTheTower (of the "hates KHs, hates waste even more" Sheep Class)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It was probably fire from heaven. Was Elijah in the 'hood?

• startingover
    startingover

When I was probably about 10 our KH burned from arson too. My dad, the congregation overseer, was always proud that not one meeting was missed. Now consider this was in MN in the middle of winter.

We met at a variety of places, and I can remember giving a #2 talk at a skating rink we rented with no heat. I can still remember wearing gloves and fumbling the pages, and seeing my breath as I was reading. Looking back, I guess it was a little exciting just because it was a change.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

What happens when you cross the towering inferno with Earthquake

Shake and Bake

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit