Why I post here

by Wordly Andre 17 Replies latest jw friends

• erandir
    erandir

Im fading, so i post here because i get to sat what i eally feel and think about this cult. It enables me to vent and not let it all build up in my head. Also when i read all the other posters stories it stops me from letting any guilt trips affect me and strengthens my resolve to never go back.

f2t, I couldn't have said it any better, so I'm just gonna be lazy and say "ditto."

Also, maybe in some dark recess of my mind I hope that some stalker in my congregation has figured out who I am and is logging all my posts so that they can make the decision for me and df my a$$. That would just prove to me how much control they try to exert over their members.

• free2think
    free2think

Erandir

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Why do you post here?

Too much time on my hands. I dont watch tv. Relaxation. Social interchange with people who have had similar experiences. I enjoy it. Its addicting.

If you turn on the tv or watch a movie, you cant interact with it. Here you can interact.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

people with similar experiences, even though I left the org. 25 years ago. Lots of ideas and information. Friendliness. Also there are some very wise people who post here, some very funny people, loving generous people, hotheads and blowhards - it's a whole interesting community.

• sparrow
    sparrow

Hey Stealth453 - Not that I need to make up for converting anyone (30 years didn't convert a soul) but I have signed up to give blood this weekend

I post here because after 4 years of being DF'd, I started getting really angry/frustrated that I wasted my life when I found out what was going on - and I am not an angry person. Seeing other people who haved spent more time and resources but are now doing well has calmed me down.

I am also still fascinated reading about things I used to "just believe" because I had to and the fact I never bothered questioning because I didn't want to disappoint...

-sparrow

• nowisee
    nowisee

bc the one person with whom i could have had a completely informed discussion about my wacky, controlling, disillusioning, seductive jw experience, i.e. my father, is dead and gone. it is comforting to know that others were also taken in and know what it was, have come out of it and survived.

there are other family members who were jws, but i think they were just followers. my father had been completely seduced, as i was.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why do you post here?

'cause I understand there are some Puerto Rican girlz on JWD who are dyin' to meet me.

Actually, to discourage any 'Bible Studies' who happen to glide by here and read some of the posts from continuing with their study of a blasphemous book distributed by an evil publishing company that has soem very old snakeoil salesmen running everything from a place called Beth - el.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I post here for the support and because I know that people have gone through something similar and they can relate to me and I can relate to them. I also post here because I want to help people, not even to leave the borg, but to start questioning for themselves what they believe is right and wrong and come up with a decision on their own thinking and not let some have mind control over them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit