my #4 talk tomorrow

by still_in74 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still_in74
    still_in74

I have to give a talk on "Evidence that Gods Kingdom is a Reality"

How the heck am I going to write and give this talk??? Any suggestions?????????????

• fokyc
    fokyc

Have a look at Mary's blogspot:

http://marye.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_archive.html

I have great sympathy for you, how about having a 'sicky' or 'Flu'?

fokyc (part time apostate)

• lawrence
    lawrence

Bring a few Russell books, Rutherford books and tracts, and begin reading from them - any page, citing drivel with emphasis. You should have a winner!

Maybe a cancellation call is in the stars...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is what I did one night: I had a talk that I didn't feel like giving. So I "forgot" to set my alarm clock to go off, and I slept right through the time. For you, you might have to "work" through it. Either way, a nice blow-off is in order.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Shift your paradigm a little and look at it from the school overseer's side instead of putting this on yourself. Just cancel!

When I conducted the school for many years it was common for people to cancel at the least minute. I often came home from work at 6 p.m. on meeting night and had a message on my phone machine from somebody with a plausible excuse, i.e. "I just found out I am going to have to work late [or fill in your own excuse] and won't be able to get to the Hall for my talk, sorry."

Every school overseer has a list of "go-to" people they know they can call at 6 or 6:30 who will eagerly volunteer give one of the talks that night. The overseer usually won't think twice about it... unless you cancel every time you have a talk!

• Heather
    Heather

Oh man i just had a memory pop into my head. In my hall if someone canceled at the last mintues the speaker would ask for an impromto speaker. There were a few times when i would offer myself......sitting in the bathroom with another sister coming up with something was always more interesting then sitting in the hall being bored..plus then my mom would be soooo proud....

• changeling
    changeling

Yep, cancel.

changeling

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Cancel , why promote the lying propaganda of this BS organization , there might be children in the hall !

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Tell everyone to stop preaching, then if the rocks and trees cry out then the kingdom is real.

Get a crazy look in your eyes and say you have found the evidence, but only you can see it, and they just have to trust you that it is real.

• still_in74
    still_in74

LOL all, well here it is! Of all the talks I've written in less than 20 minutes this one took me hours!! Anyway, I am going to "trade" this talk with someone cause I wont be home in time to give it so I wrote it to make it easier to give away. Oh by the way, I wrote this whole talk without fawning over 1914!!

I have tried to paste it here but an error keeps coming up. Oh well, guess you cant read it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit